x Chapter 3: The search begins x

A picture of Daniel on the side -->

x Chapter 3: The search begins x

            “Good Morning world! And all the beautiful creatures in it! Good Morning mom!”

It was oh so early and I was up. I went down to the back garden where we were about to eat breakfast, mom was sitting across me drinking her coffee.

            “Oh my God! Are you okay son?” Mom says having a worried expression evident on her face as she runs to me and palms my forehead.

I shook her hand off and looked at her.

            “I’m fine mom, why would I be sick in this oh so beautiful, beautiful day?” She quirked her eyebrow and proceeds to her chair.

            “So what’s the fuss all about?” And now it’s my turn to raise my eyebrow.

            “Mommy! I’m home!” My sister runs to mom and kisses her cheek.

            “Brother! I’ve missed you!” She then runs to me and hugs me.

“Nathalie, dear, it’s good that your father let you spend the summer with us.” Mom says smiling at her daughter. “Breakfast hon.” She says as she hands Nathalie a plate of hotcakes.

“Thanks mommy. Wait, what time is it?” She asks, cocking her head to me then to mom.

“eight thirty dear, why?”

“That early? Wow!” Nathalie exclaims smirking and eating her hotcakes.

“So yeah, why are you up early?” She chews on her food then looks at me.

“And why are you wearing that very short shorts?” I retort back.

“It’s the new trend Reid. No doubt you still have no girlfriend.”

“And you have a boyfriend?” I raised my eyebrow watching her in amusement.

“Shut up!” She says continuing her eating.

“So what brings you here my beautiful adorable sister?”

“What’s with the positive adjectives bro? Woah! Did you just say beautiful? You know the word?” She says back smirking but confusion evident on her face, I just shrugged her off.

“I think I learnt that word in a building where there is boring lectures and boring people talking even though no one in particular is listening, That my sister is called a school. You should go there some time.” I told her, a grin plastered on my face.

“But I have to agree with her son, why are you so damn early and happy today? Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t it summer?” Mom butts in, in surprise.

“Yeah mom, it’s summer.” I told her flatly.

“Is he sick? Mom, call the ambulance quick!” Nathalie was so worried as she runs to call on our help. “Cornilia! Cornilia! Call the Ambulance, the clinic or whatever! Rodney! Please start up the car! Cornilia, Nevermind the ambulance, Rodney will drive.”

Then I heard footsteps running to my sister.

            “I’m sorry madam, but I don’t know how to drive.” I heard a soft mumble but in an authoritative tone coming from Rodney.

            “What?! Who in the whole world doesn’t know how to drive in that age?” Nathalie says in exasperation.

I shook my head, laughing and stood up, kissing mom on the cheek.