Sneaking Out

Gumball's POV

(Also decided to Realwriter18 because they ship this too :P)

After about an hour of twisting around in my bed, I decided to get up and get something to eat that might put me to sleep. Every step I took reminded me of the horrified screams the copycat family made as the plunged of to a fiery grave, as weird as that sounds. Honestly I was still a little flattered by their attempts to be just like us and I didn't think they completely deserved to be shunned from humanity but there wasn't much I could do about it now I guess.

I grabbed a glass of milk and started to go back upstairs. I glanced at the door.

'There's no way I actually want to help them, right...?'

I got closer to the door without putting much thought at all into it. I grabbed the doorknob and went outside.

'Maybe if I just...'

The air was crisp and clear. Everything was asleep as far as I could tell. I looked around and saw that I was alone. Good. I started walking towards cliff we were at earlier.

'It'll be quick, no one will even know I'm gone'

I mindlessly traced myself to the area of the "incident", all that was there was the truck (that thankfully wasn't still burning) and what looked like a body. My heart dropped.

'Oh my gosh... are they still here?'

I slowly got closer to the pile of truck debris and saw something move. I stopped dead in my tracks. An arm moved a piece of metal out the way. I grabbed another piece of the truck in attempts to defend myself.

"W-whatever's in there s-should p-pr-probably come out n-now..." I raised my "weapon" as I tried to sound confident but it didn't work out to well.

"Wha..?" A voice similar to my own said.

I stiffened. "I'm n-not scared of you!" I lied. "Come out!"

The arm desperately tried to move the pieces off of it, it seemed scared so maybe I actually sounded intimidating. It eventually pushed the metal off and a body was revealed. It looked like... was that...? Chi Chi?

"W-who are you?" I asked.

"Ugh," he sat up. "My name's Chi Chi"

"Chi Chi?"

"Uh yeah, Gumball is that you?"

I stopped. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!? YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE DEAD!!!!!"

"Well I, uh"

"WHY AREN'T YOU DEEEAAAADDD!?" I screamed.

"Why aren't you dead?"

"STOP REPEATING MEEEEE!!!!"

"I'm not repeating you! I'm actually curious, why aren't you dead?"

"Oh uh" I started to calm down, "Well unlike you, I have a sister to save me,"

"Sister...?"

I grabbed his hand and pulled him up- which he seemed grateful for. He was covered in bruises and cuts but he still seemed okay.

"So where's the rest of my family?" He asked me.

"I dunno I just got here. They're not here with you?"

"N-no" he started to tear up. "They just left me?"

If the guilt wasn't already getting to me now it was a little too much.

"N-no! I'm sure they'll come back!" I tried to comfort him but he was already too upset. We stopped talking for a second until I had an idea to help him.

"I'll get them back for you..." I whispered. Of course. Of was already committing to helping someone I hate!

"You will?"

"U-uh yeah!" I agreed "But not until tomorrow, ya know, when it's not dark and cold"

"Oh okay." He blushed "Thanks"

I smiled. He smiled back. "Until then, you can stay with me if you want" Why was I being so nice to him!?

"R-really?" He blushed harder.

"Mhmm!"

We started walking. Chi Chi was limping a little but he was fine as far as I could tell. But it looked like the walk home would be a long one...

(FLUFF ON THE WAYYYYY!!!! XD Thanks for reading! ✌🏽)