Confess

Chi Chi's POV

As we worked on our breakfast it was becoming harder to focus on that instead of everything else that was bothering me. I considered telling him and answering his questions about me and my family but I was still nervous.

"Hey Chi Chi?" He said randomly and quietly.

"Yeah?"

"If you don't wanna tell me what's bothering you, can you at least tell me why you're family staring copying us in the first place" it was almost like he was reading my mind when he asked that so I felt like it was finally time to tell him.

"Y-you promise you won't tell anyone...?"

He nodded.

"And you won't think I'm... weird for it?"

Weird was probably the last thing he'd call me, considering I was doing 'illegal' things, but he said we wouldn't do that by nodding so I decided to trust him.

~Le Flashback to before Chi Chi started copying Gumball ~

"Wait so, if we do this then we could be-"

"Right! This is a great opportunity for us to get everything back!"

"B-but won't they be mad?"

"Who cares!? What else can we do!?"

She had a point there, we were desperate for money, but was this really the only way? Mom and dad have been trying new things for a few months now and mom was obviously excited to try this idea too, it I wasn't so sure. I mean, it sucks that we can barley afford food for us to eat and Ribbit and I really want to be able to live normal lives but come on! Stealing a family's identity in order to become famous and get money? That's illegal- well actually, it's not like we've had a problem with illegal anyway, but still...

"Chi Chi!" Mom said interrupting my thoughts. I turned around and she gestured for us to follow her. For the first few weeks we knew the Wattersons, we watched them so we could understand how they acted and stuff. If anyone caught us they'd think we were stalking them so we had to make sure to be secretive about it. Eventually we knew everything about them and we could live the same lives as them. Sure, they didn't have and overwhelming amount of money but that didn't matter to us. As long as they had unbelievable lives that was good enough for us.

Soon enough, I had to miss a lot of school days due to devoting my time to this family. I was in charge of most of the stalking of their lives, posting the videos we made 'copying' them, and collecting the money we got from it. That got in the way of school so I ended up having to drop out (which technically isn't legal for someone my age but whatever).

Everything was going fine until they found out we existed. It might sound weird, but I was actually really excited when Gumball saw me at first, after all this time he finally knew I existed!! (Notice me, Senpai! (^^) sorry I had to) Understandably, he was kinda confused by me until he figured out who I was, but every time he did something or even looked at me I felt weird. Good weird, but weird. I especially felt bad when he watched me almost die but at least he asked if I was okay.

~End of le flashback~

Gumball's POV

Chi Chi told me everything about where he was before he met me and I started to feel really guilty afterwards. I already told him I was gonna help him find his family but now I was more focused on finding Ribbit. He told me that the last thing he wanted was to see his parents (weird headcannon that Chi Chi's parents are actually really mean and horrible idky) so I decided not to bring it up again. But he did tell me that his parents would probably kill him if they saw the that he was with me.

Anyway, he continued telling me about how he was in charge of managing everything in his family and getting them money for food and other things- even if it meant stealing it, and he seemed embarrassed to tell me that but I didn't really judge. But now I was sad just knowing that he was too scared to tell me earlier, so maybe I can try to get him to know that he can tell me this stuff... hopefully...

(Okay so like, I can do way better than this chapter but I really don't have time to rewrite it better so yeah here it is. For some godforsaken reason literally all my teachers feel the need to give us test practically every other day around this time of year so I've been studying a lot and I haven't had a lot of free time ;-; but I'll still be updating pretty frequently so yeah! Thanks for reading! Peace out✌🏽)