Confronted

(Too lazy to edit, pls just correct me if I spelt something wrong or it doesn't make sense XD)

Narrator's POV

Nicole looked at Gumball skeptically and somewhat surprised.

"You were kissing.... him?" She asked.

Gumball looked nervous.

"N-no!!!! They're just telling you that! Let's just get on with the breakfast!" He tried to change the subject.

Nicole and Richard exchanged a look but kept on interrogating the cat.

"Are you sure?" The pink rabbit asked.

"Mmhmm!" His voice went higher, signifying that he was lying.

The older cat's look became more disbelieving as she pondered what to say next.

"You sound like your lying" she quickly stated matter-of-factly. Darwin and Anais snickered in the corner.

"That's because he is!" The fish giggled.

"Yeah! I saw it with my own eyes!"

Gumball gestured for them to be quiet, which they contently ignored. Chi Chi on the other hand, tried to take note of the devilish glares coming at him from (arguably his new boyfriend's) parents. Most of the family was slightly surprised that Richard even cared about this, but they didn't speak much of it.

"Gumball, is this true?" Nicole asked noting the facts her other children stated. The younger cat nervously looked away, trying to avoid his parents predictable, yet incorrect, refusal of him kissing another guy. When he didn't respond, they decided to ask Chi Chi.

"Chi Chi..." she demanded, raising he volume slightly to intimidate the boys.

"U-um well uh-" the goat started.

"-look" Gumball interrupted. "I know you're mad that I was with another guy instead of a girl, but for the first time since Penny, I'm actually happy with someone..." he grabbed Chi Chi's hand "And even though I haven't known him for long, I do know that he needs me right now just as much as I need him"

The room fell silent other than the concealed squeaks coming from Anais and Darwin congratulating his courage.

'Well nice job sounding like a cliche romance movie' Gumball sarcastically thought mentally face palming himself. He didn't really want the know what his parents would say after his 'cry for true love' shit but he also didn't want them to be quiet about it either.

"W-we're not mad about that..." Richard said disbelievingly. "Were not mad at all!"

"Just a little surprised" Nicole finished.

"SEE! I KNEW THEY WOULDN'T BE MAD!!!" Anais chirped.

"NICE JOB BRO!!!!" Darwin joined in.

"Well I mean, they don't seem happy about it...!" Gumball returned, and by the looks of it, that was true. Nicole frowned and looked at her oldest son, silently telling him to follow her. Chi Chi took a step forward to follow Gumball but was stopped by this broken leg.

"It's okay, Chi Chi... I can handle it," he whispered. The goat put on a worried look but let him go.

Richard, however, stayed with the three other kids and told them everything was fine. Chi Chi didn't believe that but there was nothing he could do to stop it.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

"Okay, Gumball" Nicole started. "I'm not mad, like I said... but I'm confused,"

Gumball rubbed his arm in embarrassment and let his mom continue.

"I thought... you were like.... hmmm" She thought. "Didn't you like Penny?"

"I used to..."

"What happened to that?" She asked trying to avoid nonchalantly saying 'I THOUGHT YOU WERE STRAIGHT!'

"I dunno, I just didn't like her after a while..." Gumball thought out loud.

"When did you...?" Nicole stated.

"-stop liking girls?" The younger cat finished.

"Yeah,"

"Well um, remember when Rob got a new nemesis?" He asked.

"No" Gumball didn't tell her most things about his life, so that was understandable.

"Oh, well yeah, he got a nemesis around the time I was dating Penny... and I dunno, I just stopped liking her"
He said.

"And you started liking him?" The older cat asked. Gumball nodded, he could tell there was still a lot of explaining to do.

(I'm so sorry it's been so long! ;-; Like I said, I've been really busy but I do still love writing in this book so bare with meh! Anyway, thank you for reading and I'll see you next time!! ✌🏽)