193 5 7

Lucy sat on the couch in one of lukes t shirts, alone, at 7:00 am a few days later.

She stared at the scars along her arms. She ran her finger gently over the newer scar, hoping theyd all fade away.

It seemed like shed been so happy lately, that she just had forgotten all about it, but she saw people stare at the beach, although, thankfully, she thought, luke didnt seem to notice. But, to her, no matter how hard she tried to ignore them, she just couldnt. It wasnt something she was proud of, by far.

She could barely believe how things had changed since she made this last one.

She sat in silence, just thinking, for almost an hour, before she heard luke call out.

"Babygirl." He groaned in his sexy morning voice, having woken up to an absence of warmth. He found himself worried for a second, wondering if she had left him.

She walked into his room and he reached for her, as she gladly accepted his embrace, curling up into lukes chest.

"why are you up? Its like, six."

"Its eight." Lucy smiled, although she had been up since before six.

"Same thing." She smiled a bit.

"I dont know, couldnt sleep."

"You ok, babybgirl?" Lukes eyebrows knitted together. "Did you have another nightmare? Why didnt you wake me up?"

"Im fine, luke, i just woke up and couldnt sleep, thats all."

"What were you doing?"

"Just thinking."

"hmm." Luke yawns, pulling her closer.

"About what?"

"Nothing important."

"Well if it had you up thinking about it, it is important. Tell me."

"I was thinking about alot of things luke. It doesnt matter." Lucy sighed.

"It does. Cmon, babygirl. Please?" She sighed and smiled at the pet name.

"Fine." Luke smiled in victory, he knew that would work.

"Its just- I dont know. People... see things. They stare. They talk."  Luke frowned. Talk about what?

"What do you mean?" Luke questioned.

"At the beach." Lucy sighed. Luke frowned in confusion.

"Nevermind." She mumbled.

"No, no, tell me, babe."

Lucy gently grabbed lukes hand off her hip and put it on her stomach, her thigh. He could feel the scars, and he instantly knew. He hadnt even realized. Yes, he saw them, but he kind of forgot other people could too.

"Oh babygirl." He sat up and pulled Lucy into his lap.

"I forgot." He sighed, hugging her. "Im sorry."

'Its not your fault, it just, i dont know, reminded me that this isnt- this cant be- I mean, it used to be so different, its hard to believe any of this is even real. That everything could stay so perfect."

"What do you mean? Why wouldn't it stay like this?"

"This, this is, it, i don't know, feels too good to be real, I mean, don't we have to go back to real life someday?"

"Why should we?"

"I mean, we have to get jobs soon, you know, and other people have to be in our lives, it wont be just us all the time."