First Miracle yet First Loss

I woke up in the hospital with my mom sitting by my side. She was weeping in tears while my dad was talking to the doctor.

"She's going to be alright. We ran some tests and we haven't figured it out yet but it seems as though her sickness has subsided. We're going to run a few more tests to confirm everything else," said the doctor in the white coat.

"You hear that baby? You're going to be just fine," whimpered my mom as she held my hand.

After all the different things at the hospital we finally drove home. My parents said that it was a miracle. I didn't die from the car accident but my sickness also went away as if it was never there to begin with. I walked to the piano and sat down with my hand on the keys.

"Suga? I'm back home," I said softly.

Nothing.

"Come out and play with me again."

Nothing.

"Suga?"

Still nothing.

"I'm okay now so come out," I said once more.

He didn't come out even after I called out his name time after time. I started to cry as big droplets of tears rained down from my tired eyes.

"You said you wouldn't leave me!"

I started to sob and covered my face.

"What's a miracle if you're no longer here by my side?"

I wiped my tears once more.

"If you're not here then I won't play the piano anymore!" I threatened.

But Suga still didn't appear like I had hoped for. Instead, my mom ran into the room.

"What's wrong honey?" she asked as she wrapped her arms around me.

"S-s-suga! H-he's gone! He won't come out!" I shouted in tears.

"Oh honey it's ok! You'll make new friends at school. It will be ok, I promise," she said.

"He lied..." I whispered into her shoulders.

I cried in her arms for hours at the loss of my first friend. After that day I never saw him again nor did I ever lay a hand on the brown piano that settled in the corner of my house.