First Mistake

This morning I woke up with a horrible headache and a bad cough but I tried to hide it from everyone. I also felt very tired and sleepy even though I slept a lot already.

"Y/N are you ready yet? Did you need help?" asked my mom.

"No I'm ok! Don't worry!" I shouted as I hit my head and swallowed my pills.

During the class period my headache slowly got worse. Suga looked at me but I faked a smile in his direction. We were outside for P.E. playing soccer and I knew that I shouldn't be running so much but I felt the need to catch up with everyone else. The teacher told me that I should play as the goalie instead, so I stood there and waited for the others to run towards me. Suga walked over and stood next to me with his arms crossed. 

"Frankly basketball is more fun," he said.

"You played basketball?" I asked.

"I was the best," he replied.

"Aish too confident," I said shaking my head.

"Y/N watch out!" shouted Jimin.

Just then I saw the ball flying towards me. Suga quickly moved in front of me and wrapped his arms around my body but the ball obviously went through him and hit me in the face. I fell backwards in pain.

"Oh my goodness Y/N! I'm so sorry!" Jimin said as he ran to my side.

"Ah I'm ok. It's just a bump," I said while holding my head.

The teacher ran over and helped me to the nurse's office. She checked on me and told me to rest on the bed. She then headed out to go run some errands, leaving me alone. Suga came in and laid next to me on the bed.

"I'm sorry," he said softly.

"Why?" I asked as I turned to my side.

He also turned to his side so we would be facing each other.

"I couldn't protect you," he replied.

"Ah that's ok! I'm perfectly fine!" I said with a smile.

He flicked my forehead.

"Yah you're such a happy person sometimes I wonder if you ever cry or get sad," he said.

I did but I never showed it to him. Even right now my head was a mess but I made it a goal to always show my smile. I held his right hand with my right hand and closed my eyes. He stayed there with me as we drifted to sleep.

When I woke up, it was already time to go home. My mom picked me up and took me to the store to go buy food. Suga wandered off to go look at other things, leaving me alone with her.

"Oh mom! Can I buy this?" I asked.

"What do you need that for? You don't even play," she said.

"But I would if I had one," I said with puppy eyes.

"Fine, put it in the basket," she said.

I giggled and skipped around with my hands behind my back. When we arrived home, I asked if I could play outside for a little bit.

"Sure but make sure to be careful and come inside in 30 minutes ok?" she said.

"Okie dokie!"

Holding the bag with the gift inside, I turned to look at Suga.

"Suga I have a surprise for you!" I said.

"What is it?"

I pulled out the basketball from the bag.

"Ta-dah!" I shouted.

His eyes got big. 

"I can touch it but wouldn't it be weird if people saw a flying ball?" he asked.

"Oh yeah you're right...I didn't think of that."

"It's ok, I can still teach you," he said.

I nodded. He stood behind me and taking my hand, he showed me how to dribble.

"Ah I think I finally have the hang of things!"

Just then, the ball slipped out of my hands and bounced into the streets. I ran after it without thinking.

"Wait Y/N!" he shouted.

It was too late. The silver car had already made its way past the light by the time I ran into the streets. All I heard was Suga's voice calling my name and the face of strangers surrounding me as my vision slowly blurred and my eyes gradually closed. I thought maybe I would live longer than this, was I wrong?