****
The fire burned everything around her.  The screams of her parents hunted her. She did not want to be here. If only she could wake up. The distant sound of the fire truck filled her heart with hope. Maybe this time is different. Maybe the ending will be different. But deep down she knew it wouldn’t happen. She climbed up the stairs and into her parents master bed room. Her mother and father was asleep completely unaware of the dangerously violent flames around them. “Wake up!” she screamed at the top of her lungs. She screamed and jumped and yelled but the sounds of the cracking fire drowned out her pleads. She walked over to their king sized bed careful not to put too much stress on the burning floors. She stared at her parents seemingly sleeping forms their bodies looked untouched by the fires deadly kisses. Longing filled her heart as the tears began to swell in her eyes. Slowly she reached down to stroke her mother’s sweet face. As she did her mom’s face went from beautiful to burn. Her flawless olive skin turned into something that resembled that of beef jerky, her eyeball seemed to grow bigger and then fell out of her socket. Horrified she looked at her father only to find the same fate. She slowly backed away from her parent’s now crisp-like form. Her now burned parents screamed like a banshee like her parents just realized they were on fire. They slowly crawled out of bed making her back up in fright.  They walked closer to her murmuring incoherent words. With every step they took towards her she took two away from them. As they got closer their words became louder and more coherent.

Her eyes widened and the tears that threatened to spill doubled over. She frantically shook her head disbelieving her ears.
“Why didn’t you DIE?”
Her parents lunged at her, scratching, hitting and biting at her. The only thing she could do is curl up in a ball and wish she could wake up.