Chapter 15:

No One's POV:

Carlos was the one who started to gather the wood to make a fire, not Logan. They all followed his lead, taking sticks and dried materials to make a large enough campfire.

James put the last branch they could find and said," Do you think they can see this? Is it big enough?"

"It should be large enough, the smoke should cause the radar in the helicopter to detect a heat source." Carlos said, looking at 2 shocked faces.

"What? My dad's a policeman remember? He trained me to do stuff like this." Carlos said stating simply.

"How's Kendall doing?" James asked lighting the pile on fire, looking over at Logan who was crouched down next to a deathly pale Kendall.

"I-I don't know. At first I thought he was alright, now I'm not so sure." Logan said feeling like he failed his friend. Big time.

"Logan we just have to get help down here. Try waking him up, again." James said.

Carlos was now sitting on the opposite side of Kendall, helping Logan wake up their friend. While James kept growing the fire, with other branches.

"Hey Kendall.... Kendall..... You need to wake up..." Carlos said slightly patting his friends cheek, he looked up at Logan looking desperate that his friend wasn't waking up.

"Try again." Logan said encouraging Carlos.

"O-ok... Kendall....Kendall.... wake up please..... If you can h-hear me right now, try to fight it and come back to us please. Don't l-leave us..." Carlos said sobbing now, James had realized what was happening and went over to Carlos rubbing his shoulder until he stopped.

"it's alright Carlos....It's alr-" James started to say when he was cut off by Logan.

"Guys! Look I think he's waking up!" 

Kendall started to slowly open his eyes, coughing trying to get his strength back. His throat felt so dry, and scratchy, he wanted water so badly but knew he couldn't get any.

"Wha-what....?" Kendall tried to make the words come out but he couldn't.

"Shh... Don't say anything." Logan said trying to comfort Kendall, even though he was already in an incredible amount of pain.

"Kendall!" Carlos said, hugging the fragile boy as if his life depended on it.

When Kendall flinched in pain Carlos immediately regretted what he did and pulled back instantly.

"I'm sorry Kendall!" Carlos said.

"It's...... 'kay." Kendall said, his eyes wandering on the shadows lurking in the forest. He swears he saw something.

"wh-who?" Kendall asked trying to get a sentence out but couldn't.

"Who? Who what?" James asked.

"Kendall....?" Logan asked now worried about why the blond boy was staring at something behind the other three boys.

"Kendall what are you looking at?" Carlos said turning around.

 It was then that Kendall said, "L-looks lik-e we-re s-s-saved." 

He said smiling as he finally realized that his friends and himself would get the help they needed, and that he just said his first sentence after his throat wouldn't let him before.