Chapter 1

Amelie's P.O.V.

I heard a crack as my head hit the wall. I'm not really sure if it was the wall or my head. I could feel the panic attack coming on and I knew I would soon have no control over my body. I tried to make myself as small as possible as I shrank against the wall. I stared at the ground as a pair of bright purple pumps came into view.

"Amelie get your sorry ass up off that floor and do what I tell you right now. OR ELSE!!" My mother constantly yells at me and beats me over the stupidest things. Though I do have to give it to her this time. I should have learned not to sass her years ago. Wait! What am I saying? Nobody should be beaten for not wanting to be a servant for their parents. Scratch that. A servant to my mother.

I hate that that monster is the one I have to call mother. I get chills of disgust even thinking about it. The opposite is for my father though. He is the only one in my life that I love. He is my shining beacon in the night. Ha cheesy much!

Any who, I crawled away from my monste-I mean mother, but she just slowly followed with a smirk on her face. I was just giving her an excuse to kick me again. I hope she doesn't kick me in the face again. I was called into the councilors office and almost had everything I have worked to hard for it to be ruined. I don't have any friends because I am terrified that my mother will do something to them. But, I was determined to seem as normal as possible. School was my only escape from the horror of home. I cant risk them getting involved, for their own safety.

To late. I heard another crack as her now purple and red pumps pulled away from my nose. It could be broken but I am not quite sure because I stopped feeling the blows after a while."I should have never had you. You are pathetic and worthless. Now, go clean my new lingerie! I want to look good for Stephan he might get me a job as a model."

Now I was fuming, I was so angry. At least once a week she goes off and cheats on my father with other men. I cant even tell my dad this because if i do i will probably be killed. My life sucks.

I slowly crawled up to the bathroom to get her nasty clothes into the washer so they don't have that gross store smell. I held a towel to my nose and wrapped a bandage around my head so that I don't drip any blood on her "precious clothing". I can not wait until Dad gets back from his business trip.

To be honest I am not sure if I can survive until then.

************

Hola kitties!

This is my first book so try not to judge to bad. I would love any and all feedback so please comment and if you like, vote

~ Shan