chapter 4

Chapter 4

(Jasey's POV)

Susan Rivers and I were sitting in her office talking about me becoming Lucas' nanny. Lucas is Susan's 6 year old son. 

"well Jasey Rae, I'm so glad i bumped into you. i cant wait for you to meet Lucas, i'm sure you are going to love him. He is such a sweet boy, but i must warn you, he can be very sneaky. Now when can you start?" Susan and I had just spent half an hour talking and getting to know each other. 

"i really can't wait to meet him. I've always wanted a younger sibling and i'm sure a cute kid like him wont be that much trouble. Also since i just moved here i don't really have much going on so any day's good and please call me Jasey." I couldn't wait to meet Lucas. From the picture Susan had showed me, he was a really cute looking kid. But, for some reason, i felt like i had seen this little boy before or someone who looked like him. 

"Oh ok then Jasey,  how does tomorrow sound? It'd be great if you could pick him up from school. My daughter Jennie usually picks him up but she just got a job and cant anymore. He gets out around 3pm, do you think you could start then?" 

"Yeah that works out perfectly. I get out of school around 2pm. And did you say your daughter's name was Jennie? Does she have blue eyes and short brown hair with highlights?" Jasey asked. 

"Yeah she does. Do you know her?" 

"yeah. Today was my first day at school and Jennie was showing me around the school. I can't believe I'm gonna be her little brother's nanny. Do you have anymore kids?" I asked curiously. 

"Nope just Jennie and Luke. Well, i do have a step son but it's a little complicated with him." Susan had this disappointed look when she spoke of her step son. I wonder what happened between them. 

"Does he not accept of you and his father being married?" 

"Well, it's not that really. He and his father have been through a lot and they don't really see eye to eye anymore." Susan looked a bit uncomfortable and i decided that I should probably go. I had to get Caleb home anyways the poor little guy was curled up near my feet napping. 

"i'm sorry and i hope things with your family work out someday. i should probably get going." i picked up Caleb and stood up. 

"thank you Jasey. I'll walk you out and i let Luke's school know that you will be picking him up from now on. oh.. here's my card. Please call me tomorrow as soon as you pick him up okay?" Susan stood up and handed me her card which i put in my pocket. 

"Sure, no problem." 

*   *   *   *

(Brycen's POV)

I pulled up in front of my father's wife, Susan River's art studio and turned to talk to Luke. 

"Aright Luke go on in there and talk to your mom. Ask her if you can spend the afternoon over at my place and that i will make sure you get your homework done. I'll wait here in the car while you go talk to her."

"But Bryce cant you come with me?" Luke looked up at me with a hopeful look on his face and i just couldn't say no to him. 

"Alright i'll walk with you up to the door but i'm going to wait outside okay?" i said with a sigh hoping that would work for him.

"OK Bryce." Lucas said with a smile on his face, as he quickly opened the door and jumped onto the sidewalk and waited for me to get out. 

When we reached the door i opened it for him and he walked in like he owned the place. I couldn't help but smile a little at how much he was becoming like me, walking with his hands in his pockets and keeping his head held high.