Vampire's Hostage ~ chapter 5

IM SO SORRY I HAVEN'T UPLOADED! I WROTE AN AWESOME KICK ASS NINJA CHAPTER BUT I GUESS MY COMPUTER DIDN'T LIKE IT COS I JUST WENT ALL BAT SHIT CRAZY DECIDED TO DELELTE MY WHOLE BOOK OFF WORD EDITOR!

so I wrote you all and EXTRA long chapter that is more than double my usual, just cos I love my fans!

Chapter 5

Back in my cell, I half wished I’d taken Jace up on his offer. Compared to the castle it felt a hundred degrees colder in here. I sat with my back to the wall, staring at the bag across from me. Jace had brought it with us on our way back, and left it here for me. I had to admit, at first I was honestly tempted to look inside, but after a while I figured, with the deal I’d made myself, it was probably better for my willpower that I didn't. I leaned my head back against the concrete; I knew I had to get out of here, but how? And really, if I thought about it, why should I? What if just decided to let Jace drink from me forever, what if I just-

 No.

I had Joyce and all the other kids locked up in here to think about. I couldn’t let them down, they were all so damn weak, I was the only one physically well enough to break us out of this horrid place. But how? My god! How! We were all locked up so tight in here, it was nearly impossible. But there had to be a way, some way. I just had to figure out what.

That left me cold, curious and confused. Great.

I wanted to sleep, really badly actually, but I knew who would be the star of the show in my dreams.  Suddenly I didn't want to do anything, I didn't want to sleep, I didn't want to leave, I just wanted to die.

The bottle of sleeping pills was still here, beside my juice and my dwindling supply of dry cereal. Maybe, if I took enough, I wouldn’t wake up... I reached for them and shook about ten into my palm.

“No.”

The voice came from Kate; her face was pressed up against the chain link, her eyes were sad, but I saw a hard strength in their depths.

“I don’t really like you, you know.” she said. “But crap, you’re my only chance of getting out of here, and if you die, you freaking kill the rest of us with you! Besides, what will your Vampire lover think?!” she snapped the last part sarcastically.

“Okay,” I started. “I won't kill myself, but not because of you, because of Joyce. Also Jace is not my ‘lover’ Jace is my captor.”

“You share dreams with him for shit sake! And you think I didn't hear you the other day? ‘do you love me!?”  she mocked in a high soprano voice.  “Di-freakin’-sgusting!” she spit.

‘You’re the better person’ I chanted to myself. ‘She was just born an ass whole.’ An ass whole with a point though. I had to keep fighting.

“I'm going to sleep. Yell at someone else.” I said to her. Then I swallowed – only two – of the pills and drifted off.