Author's Note + Special Chapter

Author's Note: I really want to apologize with regards to my last update. I admit that that update was just made "para lang may mai-update". I know that some of you might just think na binabara-bara ko lang yung story but it's a big NO. I just want to clarify that my updates depend on how I feel or anything which regards my current mood. I know that I can never please everyone but please bear with it that whatever I write is always made because of heartbreaks.

Anyway, I want to congratulate Rain or Shine for winning against Petron Blaze for 2 consecutive times. Hope 2 consecutive wins for the semifinals would be added to that :))

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3RD PERSON'S POV:

Hailey's is walking alone along the halls of La Salle. Obviously, she doesn't know where to go. It's not that she's still not familiar with the place but because Jeron never gives up on bugging her.

"Jeron, pwede bang tumigil ka na kakasunod? Nakakahilo ka na eh," Hailey said. Jeron sighed heavily. Almost throwing up his lungs because of frustration. "Eh kung tumigil ka kaya sa kakaiwas para hindi kita sundan ng sundan?" Jeron retorted.

It is now Hailey's turn to heave out a sigh, "Fine. Bakit ba kasi?" After hearing what Hailey said, Jeron's spirits became too high that he even let out the smile which makes every girl swoon over him. Unexpectedly, Hailey is one of those who got charmed by this guy's smile.

Jeron noticed Hailey's face turning to red then he added flame to the fuel, "Will you go out with me?" Hailey was shocked with the sudden invitation. She remember the last time she went out with him and realized that she ended up being confined in a hospital. What the hell should I say? She thought.

She looked at the guy's face and saw his expectant expression. Though she doesn't know what to answer, she ended up nodding her head unconsciously. She just realized what she did when Jeron started screaming along the hall. "6:30pm! I'll meet you at the gym," were the only things that Hailey heard after the incident.

I think it's not bad to give him some chance. Afterall, I'm not answering him nor his brother. She mentally told herself. She just continued walking to nowhere and, to her surprise, she caught her cousin, Jared, looking at her.

"Did I hear the news right? May date daw kayo ni Teng mamaya?" His inquiry made me chuckle. "Ganyan na ba talaga kabilis kumalat ang chismis?"

Jared chuckled at his cousin's statement, "So totoo nga?" Hailey just nodded at her cousin. She doesn't know what to do. Is she going to run away? Is she going to ditch Jeron?

Jared shook his head in disbelief, "Alam mo, Hailey, wala naman talaga akong balak panghimasukan yung personal na buhay mo eh. Ang akin lang, baka masaktan ka na naman. Ang akin lang, baka maiwanan ka na naman."

Hailey hugged his elder cousin. Jared has been very nice and over-protected when it comes to her. She consider him as her guy bestfriend, brother, and even a boyfriend which she never had. Jared was the one who stood by her side when her world almost fell apart because of her father's death. And, most of all, he was the only one who knew Hailey's whole story.

Jared hugged Hailey as if she is the most precious and vulnerable creature ever made. "Ito naman! You always look at me as a baby! Hindi ko na tuloy alam if I can live without you," Hailey joked around to stop herself from being too emotional. "You'll always be my baby, Hailey," Jared said as he break their hug.

Both of them laughed at each other's expense.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Woah," is the only word that Hailey could muster as soon as they reached the venue of their "dinner". "Do you like it?" Jeron asked which made him earn a hug from Hailey, which Jeron gladly returned.

"Ehem," a man's voice suddenly came out of nowhere and made the two broke their fast hug. "Ano ba naman yan! Panira ng moment eh!" Jeron irritatedly exclaimed. "Aba aba! Dumadamoves ka ah!" Hailey just laughed with the guys' antic and uttered her gratitude, "Thanks for bringing me here. I really owe the two of you big time."

The three of them had dinner together. Hailey is sure to enjoy the ambiance of the place. Who wouldn't have appreciated the beauty of the Blue Gardens right? They shared stories with each other which gave them the privilege to know each one more.

"May I dance with you?" Jeron asked Hailey. Hailey, on the other hand, looked at Jeric as if she's asking for his permission. Jeric just smiled as a response.

Jeron and Hailey danced along with the slow music being played. The song happened to be Hailey's favorite, "The Gift" by Jim Brickman. The time seemed to be so slow that they didn't realize that the song was already over. Jeron still wants to have another song but Jeric was there to counter him, "Oy, shoti, kanina ka pa ah? Baka pwedeng ako naman?" With that Jeron held both his hands up and said, "Sige na nga, ahia, tutal naman ikaw nag-effort dito eh."

Hailey looked really amazed at Jeric, "Really, Gummy? You were the one who did this?" Jeric wasn't able to comprehend what Hailey asked. He didn't see this coming. He never thought that his brother will give him credits in front of the girl they both liked.

Jeron just laughed at his brother's reaction and playfully pushed the two on the dance floor, "Sige na, ahia! Baka mamaya kunin ko ulit si Lei."

Jeric offered his hand and assisted Hailey on their way to the dance floor. The song suddenly changed as Hailey put her hands on Jeric's shoulders. The song "My Valentine" by Martina McBride was now being played. Hailey doesn't know why she felt a sudden change of atmosphere. She was surprised that it didn't become awkward.

She smiled with the thought running in her mind. "Thanks for pulling this up, Gummy. I thought I'll never felt something like this."

Jeric smiled because of what Hailey said, "Something like what?" Hailey pulled out a weak and faint smile before she answer, "I never thought that I'd experience that kind of magic that makes time flew so fast."

Sensing that Jeric and Hailey is having their own time in their own world, Jeron left the vicinity and went straight to their place.

"How did you know that this is where I really wanna be?" Hailey asked Jeric out of curiosity. "Well, a little help from your bestfriend and cousin made this even more possible." For the first time in her life, Hailey experienced to be surprised by someone who doesn't belong to her family and, more importantly, she experienced how to be treated as if she's all what someone has got. Hailey pulled Jeric to a hug which made the latter too shocked. Nevertheless, they enjoyed the entire night with each other's company.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was already 1:36am when Jeric arrived at his and Jeron's place. He saw the dim lights lighted so he went straight to their mini-bar. There, he saw Jeron having some liquor.

"Aga aga naglalasing ka," Jeric joked as he grabbed and drink the liquor that his shoti is having. "Ano ba yan, ahia, kaya ka tinatawag na Gummy ni Lei eh. Ang taba mo kasi!" The two of them started to laughed at their own expense when Jeric suddenly opened the topic.

"Shoti, why did you do that?"

"Do what?"

"Don't play dumb, Jeron Teng. I know that you knew what I'm talking about."

Jeron helplessly sighed and answered his ahia sincerely, "Ahia, I know when to become a rival and when to become a brother. And guess what...

I also know when to attack and back off."