Chapter 8: Talk With Deanna

"And Doctor Crusher is very lucky to have you as her son." You replied.

You sighed. You walked up to Doctor Crusher. "Doctor?"

"What is it, Y/N?" She tried to put on a kind voice, but she was tired and it didn't work very well.

You knew this, so didn't take it personally. "Is it OK for me to go with to my quarters? With, Wesley. I need some time to think."

"It's fine." She mumbled.

You nodded in thanks and left through the door. Wesley hurried after you. "Y/N, please. I have told you so many times. It is going to be alright."

"Wes, babe. My father is in a coma, his pulse is close to non-existent, and if he dies, I'm an orphan. I know you will protect me, because you are the best person in the world. And you are the one I love. But, please."

When you arrived at your quarters, you stumbled through the door and ran over to your father's bedside table. On it was a picture of you and him, his communicator and a piece of paper. "That's odd." You thought to yourself. You turned it over. It was letter, addressed to you.

Dear Y/N Riker,

I wrote this letter in case something happens to me while we are aboard this vessel, while I am doing my duty, the job I love. I hope you have come to terms with the fact whatever has happened has happened. If I die, know one thing. You will go on to achieve great things. I hope you do follow your dream and become an exceptional Starfleet officer, just like Wesley. I am writing this a few hours before I am scheduled for this away mission. There is something between you and Wesley, I can feel it. I'm sure you two can feel it.

Now this part is for Wesley's eyes only. If you read this Y/N, I'll make sure you are punished. So now, give this letter to Wesley. 

Reluctantly, you handed the letter over to Wesley. Like lightning, he read the letter and chuckled. "What is it?" You made eye contact with him. 

He stood up and got as close to your face as possible without actually kissing you. "Commander Riker said I had to stay with you as long as you loved me."

"Wesley, there will never be a time I don't love you." You grinned and kissed him. 

Passionately.

You were interrupted by a swoosh of the doors. In walked Deanna. You pulled apart from Wesley, looked at Deanna, then at your feet. "Sorry Y/N, Wesley. But Doctor Crusher asked me to talk to you both. Please, sit down," Deanna spoke with her calming voice. 

You and Wesley sat down next to each other at the small table in your room and Deanna sat opposite. 

"Well, Miss Riker, Mr Crusher. Doctor Crusher has asked me to speak to you because she is noticing that your mental health, Y/N, is slipping."

"My father is in a coma and he could die at any moment! I'm not surprised she has noticed my mental health isn't up to it's normal standard!"

"Exactly. Wesley, your mother has asked me to tell you to keep Miss Riker in check, and if anything further occurs, to keep her strong. Understand?"

"I do that anyway Deanna, but I'll continue."

"Thank you.  I am ship's counsellor, so please, if you need anyone to talk to, or to say anything, I'm always here. Alright?"

"Yes, Deanna, thanks. Thank you for this." You smiled and hugged Deanna.

"Just doing my job." 

With that, she left.