Chapter 1

Dan's POV

How dare he? Sit there, with that goofy grin of his, beauitful black, silky hair and ravishing eyes? How dare he steal my heart from the moment I met him, and not return it 5 years later!

How dare he make my stomach flutter with everyone of his words just in hope that one day, he will speak the words "I love you Dan," and make me get lost in those blue orbs he calls his eyes.

How dare he not love me?

When I love him so much?

"P-Phil..." I murmered, avoiding any eye contact with my best friend and crush.

"Yeah Dan? What's up?" He says in a friendly way, looking a bit uneasy due to how I seemed to be looking at him. Or rather, not looking at him.

"Can I tell you something?" Oh God. This was it. I was finally going to tell him. I just need to let it out already.

"Sure..." Now he looked a bit worried, as if I was about to tell him that I was dying or something.

"O-Okay, t-two things actually. Um, One, Uh-I-Well you see-I just-um-"

"Spit it out already Dan, your scaring me!" He whimpers, softly stroking my arm in a way he thinks is friendly. For me, just makes my heart skip a beat.

"I'm gay. As in, I like guys," I blurt out, feeling my face heat up.

"Oh, um...are you sure?" I nod at his question.

"Okaay, is that it? I mean, i'm fine with it, i'm not homophobic or anything," He laughs.

"Yeah, about the second thing, I kina have-"

Ding-Dong

Dammit! Why now! Why, of all times, does someone have to come. We weren't even expecting any guests!

"I'll get it!" Rushing out of the room, I finally feel the awkwardness lift from me. Atleast I didn't tell him and then the bell rung, otherwise, he would look...pretty weird. Confused? Angry maybe?

Opening the door, I see Amy. Phil's girlfriend. Oh for fuck sake, what does she want now? I bet she has telepathy and wanted to come at just the right moment to annoy me. Or maybe is just damn lucky with her timings.

"Dan!" She squeals, giving me a quick hug and making her way inside already.Well come in I guess.

I enter the lounge to see Phil sat on the sofa on his laptop, looking up as he sees Amy, his face shocked and confused?

Wait. What?

"Philly!" She squeaks again, her high pitched voice like chalks on a blackboard, or nails scratched against paper.

"Um, A-Amy! Wait, what? Why are you-" He stutters, interrupted by Amy.

"Because I want to hang out with my beautiful boyfriend of course!!" She laughs, sounding more like a hyena giving birth.

She wraps her arms around his shoulders after removing the laptop from his lap, replacing it with herself. I could feel my nails dig into my palms, as I clenched my fists.

"Yeah, but didn't I-" Phil sees me, stopping mid-sentence.

"Um, Dan, do you mind if I talk to her privately?" He asks, eyes saying sorry.

"Oh, yeah, yeah, of course! I'll just be in my room them. Seeya in a bit," I awkwardly waddle out of the room, just waiting in the hallway to listen in on their conversation. Obviously.