Chapter 34

I had had every intention of being a sulking through every second of the meeting with my Supervisor.

Right up until the point I had spotted the doll-sized little psychiatrist couch sitting on the Supervisor's desk.

I was still angry about this whole shrinking me unjustifiably thing but...
It was mini little a psychiatrist couch. A red one.

The moment Vain left me on the Supervisors desk to go sit in the waiting room, I flung my exhausted existence into the couch's waiting embrace, laying face down across its length.

"You had me at Hello," I whispered to it lovingly.

Sitting in his chair above me, my Supervisor cleared his throat in amusement.

The fact that I hadn't bothered to look at him once since entering the room didn't seem to bother the man at all.

It felt stupid, to be a little relieved about that.

"So Maddison, how was your first day back at school?" A light male voice asked.

"Horrible," I exclaimed into the couch, too tired to be anything but honest.

The voice chuckled, and the sound of creaking signalled that the man had sat back in his chair.

"Want to tell me about it?"

"About as much as I want to stick my finger in a blender," I muttered.

Deflecting questions with smart ass remarks, I can handle.

Acting dumb, I have elevated to an art form.

Making up an alibi or outright lying about something....isn't really in my skill set.

"That bad was it?" My Supervisor asked, still sounding amused, but a note of concern had entered the fray.

Oh, this guy is good. Friendly but not intrusive. Disarming me at a safe distance.

"You have no idea." I sighed, making a show out of relaxing slightly.

The chair creaked again. "So tell me about it."

Tsk. You can't trick me so easily. I'm a jaded teenage girl, I can sense sincerity and empathy a mile away, and you'll never catch me alive!

Still, if that was the game he wanted to play...

Deciding he probably wouldn't believe half of it anyway, I told him about my day.

"In no chronological order, I was stuffed in a jar, harassed on the bus, stared at constantly by idiots, had to go to class and learn pointless stuff that I didn't really listen to anyway, was babysat by the two most annoying guys on the planet, had a near-death experience or two... Meh, maybe more, I lost count. Oh, and there is a huge conspiracy to get me expelled from school. It was all planned by this emo looking kid called Apollo. What sort of insane nut job would call their child Apollo?"

There wasn't really an intelligent answer to that.

"Then again. " I reasoned. "It's probably an alias."

"Conspiracy?" My Supervisor finally asked mildly.

Not going to react to my insane ranting, eh?

"Yeah. They're the ones who framed me for that crime, you know, the one I didn't commit. But no one in this stupid law system will believe me, so I'm now the size of a bug. A pray-mantis, to be specific."

There was a pause as My Supervisor took in all the information, and filtered out the most important question to ask.

"Why a pray-mantis?"