.Ape Feelings.

*warning: caveman instincts*

I should have known something was off as soon as I made it to the top of the staircase. On that second floor, the air was an odd mix of bat shit and perfume, which both stung my senses and heightened them.

The carpet was frayed at the edges, the threads crawling up the baseboards in their shades of vomit-green. My stomach churned because of how royally disgusting the aromas were.

My attention was diverted from the smell of such an old place when a door creaked open.

A woman stepped into the hall. She was very clearly in our age range, with a figure obviously at its prime. I knew Harry was seriously wanting to whistle, like "Damn, Durante, she's hot." Even in her nightgown, it was apparent she had the body of a goddess.

"Who're you?" she cooed. "Newcomers, I assume." Her voice was enough to make any guy go weak in the knees.

"Harry," my friend said stiffly. With a nod to me, he said, "This one's Jacob."

She giggled. "What room are you boys staying in?"

"Fifteen." He tried to say it so suavely, yet it failed. I just stayed quiet, held my suitcase in front of me just in case anything happened downstairs, and followed H to our room.

"You're right next to me!" she exclaimed. "Once you two get settled, you can come over to my room with 14 and I, and we can have some tea."

Once we were locked in our room, Harry - I shit you not - said, "That is the definition of voluptuous, my friend."

"Need a few minutes to yourself in the bathroom?" I said with a smirk, hypocrite I am for teasing him.

"You can't tell me you aren't turned on by that."

Neanderthal instincts say yes, but my heart which chases Macy says no.

"In an apey sense, sure, but -"

"But what? You going to deny yourself a nice gander at a specimen like that?"

"I'm not a monster, but still."

He rolled his eyes. "Get ready for some fucking tea, okay? We have things to talk to them about anyway."

As I unpacked my things, I swear five minutes passed before he came out of that bathroom.