3rd. The Opened Door

Kongpob was at his parents home this weekend. It was still morning yet his mother was already busy in the garden, chatting with the gardener who was watering the grass and other plants. Kongpob appeared at the door, walking closer to his mother, hugged her and gave a morning kiss on the cheek.

"You smell good." His mother commented. "You must be just finished taking a bath."

"Hmm." Kongpob nodded. "What will you do after this?"

"I'm going to cook." She answered. "But first, I need to go to the market."

"And dad?"

"Dad?" His mother was peering. "What about your dad?"

"What time he will be home?"

"At 7." His mom replied. "Are you seriously forget the time he is off from work?"

"Well, just..."

Kongpob was nervous. Today was so inportant, but what he just done already made his mom became suspicious.

"Aw, is this the time when my only son become detached from home? Oh, right! You'll become a bachelor in less than 6 months. Who told you to grow up so fast?" The woman who had been living for more than half century, made fun of his own son.

"Mom..." Kongpob clung to his mom. "I won't detach from you."

His mother laughed, "Come on, you need to let go. I need to go."

When Kongpob finally freed his mother, she looked at Kongpob's eyes deeply. It made Kongpob feel awkward, actually, and couldn't stared back at his mom.

"You have something to talk to your father, don't you?" Kongpob's mother took a guess. The face Kongpob's made right now ensured his mother that her assumption was right. "Oh God, how I wish it happened like 5 years ago when you were still in high school."

Kongpob amazed with the reaction. Would everything be fine? He asked himself.

"You should talk heart to heart with us earlier," Mother pulled out her hand to pat Kongpob on the head. "And more often."

Kongpob still stunned on his place. His eyes followed his mother's movement.

"I wonder why you prefer your sisters to your parents." His mother walked away and came inside the house.

Kongpob could hardly put himself back together before he remembered to call his boyfriend.

"Halo, P'Arthit. I'm sorry I couldn't call you last night. I fell asleep shortly after I arrived home."

"Hmm. I know." Short answer from the older man. "Have you talked to them?"

"Not yet. I'm waiting for my dad come home from work tonight." Kongpob replied. "Are you on your way home already?"

"I'm about to go." Another short answer. It was not because Arthit not in the mood, tho. "Let's talk again later."

Kongpob knew clearly the uneasy feeling that his boyfriend felt at this moment. "Okay, text me when you arrive."

"Wait, Kongpob." Arthit hurriedly called the younger man's name right before that guy hung up the phone. "Thank you... for calling me today."

Arthit might be couldn't see the slightest smile on Kongpob's face momentarily. He was not a psychic, but it seemed like Kongpob called in a perfect time, by good luck.

"Be careful on your way home, P'Arthit."

Kongpob spent the rest of the day in the kitchen with his mother, and the he watched tv with the same person, and then took a nap for an hour until a message coming to his phone made it rang.