Letters

Malia: I was already late for my first day of work and I yelled "Jax hurry up mommas' gonna be late". I tried looking up the stairs and then I heard Jax yell "I'm coming.. one second". I sighed walking up the stairs and said "I don't have a second Jax we have to go". When I got to his room he had just hung up the phone. He held the phone behind his back and smiled at me, I said " is that my phone?". He raised his arm revealing the phone and said "what phone?". I smiled at my son as he face palmed his self and I said "what were you doing". He looked down at the ground and said "trying to call dad". I sighed bending down and held out my arms for my son and he ran into my arms. He held me tightly as I ran my fingers through his hair and after about a minute I let go and tried to cheer him up saying "I'll race you to the car". He smiled and started running. I yelled running after him and said "I didn't say go yet!". I heard him giggle as I started to run until I ran into a box that I hadn't unpacked yet. I began picking up all the items when I saw something I probably should have thrown away years ago. A letter.

Dear Malia,
If your reading this than I was in fact too cowardly to tell you this in person, well I wouldn't say cowardly but if I were to see you I'd change my mind instantly. To see your smile I'd do anything.. Though today I've decided to stop being selfish with you. Today or when ever you get this I'd like you to know that I've decided to accept a job offer which will take even more time than the little we have together, With me doing this I've also decided to let you go. I know how much it may hurt but it's selfish of me to keep such a beautiful women like you knowing you won't be getting the attention you deserve. As of now I'll have to focus on my own and with this letter I've sent back everything you've sent to me even the key to the apartment. With this letter I am setting you free, you should know that I love you and I will always wish that you find happiness.

                                   Yours truly,
                                                 Scott McCall