Why?

Malia:  "Hey Dr.Tate may I speak with you for a few seconds please?" I didn't turn around still getting ready for my surgery and said "yeah sure after surgery". The voice that I should've recognized before spoke back "actually I'll have Mr.Garner take care of that... Now may We speak for a moment". I turned around to see the chairwoman and I admittedly flashed her a smile, apologized and said "Sure Ms.Cole what may I do for you" she smiled and said "actually it's what I could do for you.. I got a call from your wife last night... " I looked at her in shock and said "my.. my Wife?" She looked at me and ignoring my confusion and continued "yes, you never told me you got married.. Mrs. Kira sure is a sweetheart... anyways she called me concerning your work hours". I tried to but in and tell her it was just my friend Kira but she continued talking anyways and said "a newlywed should have a balanced schedule at least for a little while so I've switched your shift, consider this a late wedding gift....follow me" then she started walking quickly which surprised me because of how old she was and handed me a clipboard. "You'll be making rounds and also handle a patient on the 500 hall.. which I won't explain please recall your intern days" I finally spoke up and said "so.. where are we going?" She quickened her pace and got on the closing elevator pushing the button for it to open. It was hard keeping up with the older woman so I had to catch my breath on the elevator causing Mrs.Cole to chuckle slightly. Once we reached the 500 floor I  immediately saw guards on every doorway. The chairwoman looked at me with the sternest look that I've ever seen the happy woman look at said "your main job Dr.Tate is to make sure this soldier stays stable until he makes he's decision" . Walking past all the soldiers had made me quite nervous, maybe it was their mix of serious and blank expressions or the fact that all had guns in their hands. "This guy most be important" I thought as we walked by making are way to his room. "What.. what decision?"I stammered looking at the chairwoman. "Wether he lives or dies it's all up to him". I quickly gulped as the chairwoman introduced me as the doctor who would take care of the patient to the two soldiers guarding the door. They quickly nodded and moved out of the way, we opening the door and I saw him...why in the hell did it have to be him? Why Scott McCall.