Day job

Malia:  Beep..Beep..Beep it was the sound the sound of the patients heart. I looked around the surgery room eying the child who laid unconscious and the doctors who were waiting for me to start and said "under no circumstances will this heart stop beating, understood?".The other doctors nodded and made sure they were prepared for surgery. "Okay then" I said out loud but mostly to myself and said "Scalpel". 21 hours had passed and the surgery was finally complete the liver transplant had been successful and now I was finally free. As soon as I walked out all I could think about was going home and laying down watching the newest episode of "The Originals" yes it was my guilty pleasure but then reality hit when I got a phone call from Kira."Finally I've been calling you all day where you been?" She said practically yelling. Usually Malia would have questioned her tone but since she was so happy and still in Lala land from another successful surgery she let it go and said "oh you know just saving lives" as she skipped down the hallway. Malia continued and said "what could I do for my bestest friend in the whole wide world". Kira chuckled at Malia before clearing her throat indicating that she was serious and said "Come get your kid" and which Malia answered with a quick "No" and Kira whined and said "why not?". I smiled and then whispered but still loud enough for Kira to hear and said "because I don't wanna". Before Kira could even start to complain I said "I'm hanging up love you my bestest friend". I smiled and yelled "new episode here I come" as other doctors stared blankly at me.