Twenty-three: Ill Be Good

Ill Be Good

Cleo's POV:

The plague has gone and been done for. Home an lives gone. My heart aches at the thought of losing those who mean the most to me. I can't imagine it.

I was on my way to talk to Norstardamus. He and Francis have been meeting alot lately and its getting me pretty upset that Francis wont tell me why they are meeting. I have been think the worst, either he is sick or they are having some love interst in each other.

"Hello, are you busy?"

"No, come in."

i walked into his room as he sat back where he was before walking to the door.

"Is there anything you need?"

"Yes, i need to know why Francis has been coming to you lately."

He looked down. I could tell something was wrong. He was trying to find his words to say something but he couldn't.

"You can trust me, Norstardamus."

"I know i can, but he wont like the idea of me telling you."

"Is it that serious?"

"Yes, it is.."

"Oh, I didnt realize you two had a thing."

"What are you talking about?'

"Are you and Francis... Sleeping together?" I said as i swallowed the lump that was in my throat.

He began to laugh.

"Whats so funny?"

"Francis and I are nothing more than friends."

"Oh." i was taking back but also releived. "Then whats so serious that i cant know. Tell me."

He didnt say a nothing but turn his head away from me.

"Please, im worried about him."

"Francis... hes, hes dying."

"What? No! He cant! How!?"

"A few months before you came back, he began to get sick and i had a vision of it. I told him about it but he didnt want my help. Then a week or two before you came, he came to me and finally accepted it. Ive been giving him medicine to help him with his pain."

I didnt say a word. Hes been like this for almost 3 years and he decides to tell me this now. I didnt say anything but started to walk back to the door.

"If you say anything to him, take it easy." He said before i neared the door.

"Thank you."

---------------

I walked outside to get some air. I began to cry, not caring if anyone saw me.

"Are you alright, your Majesty?" said a womans voice as she neared me.

"Uh, Yes i am." i said as i wiped the tears before i turned to face her. "Delphine?"