The Ritual

Whilst Gaius was in a concussion, I grabbed the book off the shelf and blew all the stringy cobwebs and thick dust off from the cover.

I was paniking, not sure of what to expect. I've never done this kind of thing before, evil, possession, things requiring bad Omen. 

I started reading. Reading horrific things about demons and what they can do. Possession. Taking over some ones body. Soul snatching. I was scared, scared for Gaius and what he is encountering and for what is yet to come. I needed to get a grip for his sake, it's not his fault he's acting this way. I knew he was not his usual self.

I was flicking through the book ferociously as time was not on our side. I then came across a 'possession of the demons' page. There were various theories on how demons evolved. But I was not interested in that. I needed to know how to abolish the demon and destroy it. 

Finally I got to a part where is says 'light 5 candles around the room and spread some holy incense'. So I did.

The Lights Filtered from high windows and the air was thick with tension and the smell of holy incense. I stood over Gaius and recited the rite of excorsims.

Gaius squirmed and moaned, groaned and growled as if my words were a torment to his mind and soul. He struggled violently, his growls then became inhuman. Howls and deep guttural moans of psychological pain. Suddenly he lashes out, and in a voice that seems not to be his own, spits words of defiance. His pupils dilated as if he were drugged and were in agony.

'come thy evil spirits bid thee innocent Gaius from harm and return to what you came from! I command you to leave in the name of The Holy Christ and the Holy Spir..'

Before I could finish, I was interrupted.

Gaius shrieked a dark and sinister howl.

Gaius was no longer Gaius.

I carried on with the rite. Hoping there was still chance.

Silence.

Was it over?

Did I actually succeed?