Chapter 27-Amy

I'm at my locker wondering why I stopped there in the first place. Ever since I broke up with Tim I've had a hard time concentrating. He's all I can think about. That poem he wrote was so sad that it melted my heart. I open my locker and remember that I need my geometry book for first period.

  Tim used to walk me to geometry. We used to talk and make out in our special spot before he would take my hand and walk me there. Mr. Jefferson hated our mushy gushy relationship. He complained about us  holding hands in front of his classroom. I guess now he doesn't have to worry about it because I blew my chances of getting back together with him.

  When Tim got into the fight with Brett I was terrified. I had never seen Tim that upset before. He defended me. He didn't let Brett push me down to the ground a third time. He beat Brett up to protect me. I guess I'm just scared that he would get angry on me and hurt me. He said he wouldn't hurt me, but I just don't know anymore. He could have killed Brett. I wish he would have stopped. I wish he would've just listened to me.

   I went home that night and told Mom and Dad exactly what happened. They were the ones that advised me to break up with him. They told me that they didn't want me hanging out with someone who could potentially cause me harm. Brett was the one that caused me harm. My heart is telling me that Tim would never hurt me. The way that he kissed me said that he'd cared about me. I could never live with myself if something happened to him.

    I want Tim back. I don't care what my parents or what everyone else will think. Tim loves me for me. He doesn't look at me like I'm disabled or handicapped. He sees me as a normal teenage girl.
  "I need your help," A deep voice says, coming from behind me. I turn around and a boy with jet black hair, deep blue eyes, and a muscular build stands just inches away from me. I know he's on the football team. I've taken pictures of him on the football field.
"I don't help football players."
"Kim's in danger."
My ears perk up at the last thing he says.
  "Woah, woah, woah, buddy. How do I know you're telling the truth?"
  "My name is Mark and I-I. . . like Kim."
  "Is this some kind of joke? Are you just trying to lure me into one of Brett's traps?"
  His deep blue eyes lock onto me. I can't rip my eyes away from them.
  "I hate Brett and even Chad just as much as you do. I overheard the two of them talking and they're going to use Kim to try and hurt Tim and the rest of your friends."
  "How and when?"
  "I don't know. I've already said too much."
  "Are you saying you need my help to stop them?"
  "Yes. Can we meet privately somewhere, you, me, and your friends, and Tim?"
   I frown. "Tim won't be able to help. We broke up."
   "Fine. Where do you want to meet?"
  " Friday, 6 o'clock, at the lake."
  "Sounds like a plan. I'm bringing my cousin, Courtney. She might be able to help us."
   Mark glances around. Brett and Chad are coming our way. "You are nothing. All you'll ever be is a limpy lump on a log." Mark gently pushes me against a row of lockers and walks off.
  I'm ready for Friday. I literally can't wait to plan my attack against Chad and especially Brett. Tim and I deserve justice. Nobody deserves to be treated the way we've been treated. Brett and Chad are going to be sorry that they ever messed with me.