Chapter Seven: Lucas is a Problem

AN/// Ranelu Option^^^

***

Briar's POV

I am nudged awake the next morning by my mother, who urges me to get up. "Briar! We're running late! You only have five minutes in the shower!"

I groan, and get up. Luckily, I don't have to wash my hair today, but I need ten minutes, not five. Whatever.

After my rushed shower, I grab my clothes I picked out last night. I need to look good the first few weeks of school, then I'll be okay to just wear whatever.

I make sure I'm doing okay on time, and I start doing my makeup. I've got twenty minutes. Lately, I've started doing more parts of my makeup instead of just foundation and eyeliner. I do the foundation and attempt a contour (which actually turns out pretty good), then do a sharp cat eye.

Once I'm satisfied, I brush my teeth, gather my stuff, and head out to the bus. I still have a few extra minutes while I'm out there, so I play on my phone. I check Instagram first.

1 New Follow Request- Ranelu Rae @Ranelu.RaeBae
Confirm?

I click the confirm button, then click to follow her back. I click her profile, and I'm confused to discover she has only one photo. It's a picture of her and a girl with black hair and bright blue-green eyes. You can tell her hair was dyed black because lighter blonde-brown roots are growing in. I like the photo, and it shows a tagged account.

@A_n_n_a_b_e_l_l_e

I pull up her profile as the bus arrives. I click off my phone and get on the bus. Chris is waiting for me, actually letting me sit with him this morning, and he glances up as I get on. I happen to look back a few seats and see Parker, leaned against the window, listening to music. I get in next to Chris and pull my phone back out. "Morning." I mutter as I pull Anna's profile back up. She, for whatever reason, doesn't have any pictures. I click to follow her, and go back to Ranelu's photo. I study Anna. She's really pretty. In the picture, Ranelu has her face buried in Anna's hair, with an arm slung around Anna. Anna is looking forward, but slightly turned to the side to grin at Ranelu. It seems Ranelu took the picture, but I can't tell. The two seem pretty close.

"What are you looking at?" Chris makes me jump. He gives me a questioning look, and it seems he'd been watching me the entire time I studied the picture.

"Oh, nothing." I mutter, shutting my phone off.

"Yeah, okay." He shrugs.

I roll my eyes. "Anyways," I pull out my earphones and plug them in. I put one earphone in the ear facing away from Chris. Then I turn on Taylor Swift.

"Anyways what?" He pauses. "Taylor Swift. Really?"

I nudge him. "Shut up. You know I love Taylor Swift."

"Yeah, you want to marry her." He teases.

"No. Well, I wouldn't mind it, but no."

He laughs. "We're married."

"We are? Why wasn't I informed of this...?"

"Because."

"You make no sense."

"When do I ever?"

"Touché." I grin. The bus pulls up to the school, and I'm the first one to get off. I wait by the door for Chris to get off, but who I see instead is Parker.

"You'd better watch yourself, Briar." And with an emotionless smile, he goes into the school.

Uh, he's crazy. I think to myself.