It's Just That Easy

I woke up wrapped in tattooed arms. I sighed and smiled to myself, it felt good to wake up like this. My back was against Alan's bare chest and I could feel his breath on the back of my neck. I carefully turned over to face him, he was still asleep. My heart fluttered at the sight of him. His hair was a mess and his mouth was slightly ajar.

I craned my neck and placed a small kiss on his lips. His eyes flickered open and a small smile grew on his lips. He brought his face down and kissed me again. He pulled away and looked at me with a lopsided grin. He laughed lightly and shook his head before looking away.

"What?" I giggled. He bit his lip lightly as he returned his gaze to my face.

"I don't know." He smiled "I've just wanted this for so long." My cheeks shone red, making him laugh. He kissed me one more time before we rolled out of bed. He grabbed his shirt from last night and tossed it over to me, I put it on before sliding on a pair of underwear. Alan put on a pair of sweatpants.

We walked to the kitchen, Austin was sitting at the table. I yawned a good morning and he smirked at me. I gave him a warning look. He had a painfully mischievous look glued to his tired face. He cleared his throat lightly.

"YOU GUYS FUCKED. NAME YOUR KITTENS AFTER ME MOTHER FUCKERS!!" He hollered as he ran over and tackled Alan into a hug, shuffling his already messy hair.

My cheeks turned red again and I figured it was a good time to look in the fridge.

I may be short, but I have long legs. So Alan's shirt wasn't doing a amazing job. I went to grab the yogurt out of the bottom shelf, so I had to bend over a little bit. I guess I should've expected a slightly calloused hand to notice. Alan walked passed me, pretending that nothing happened.

"If you think I didn't notice that you're fucking stupid." Austin called from the table. I groaned and felt my cheeks heat up for the third time this morning. Alan laughed as he grabbed 2 cups from the cupboard, handing me one.

I poured orange juice for us and we joined Austin at the table. We sort of just sat awkwardly for a good minute, then Austin decided to make it even worse.

"So how was it?"

I let my head fall on to the table and let out a deep groan, I should've known Austin would do this. I heard him laugh.

"If you sounded anything like that then you need to pray about it. That sounded terrible." Austin chuckled. I pulled the elastic off my wrist and shot it at him, hitting his neck. "Ow! Now I'm gonna have a mark just like you!!" I shouted in defeat.

"Leave her alone Aus." Alan laughed as he wrapped an arm around me. Austin eyed us curiously.

"It's actually kinda funny if you think about it. Two ginger guitarists."

I nodded in agreement, we were an odd looking couple. We'd definitely attract some attention. Alan shrugged and took a sip of his drink. "Speaking of guitarists, I got a call from Phil."

"What'd he have to say?" Alan asked, furrowed brows. Austin switched his gaze from me to Alan.

"He wants back in," He admitted. My breath hitched in my throat. I was always kinda scared he'd take his place back. He was a better guitarist than me because I have baby hands and can't play all the chords that he can. "But obviously that's not gonna happen." Austin quickly added. I sighed, Alan was looking at my cautiously. We both knew that even though I was lead guitarist, id sooner be replaced than Alan would. Not to sound cocky, but me and Alan are at the same skill level. But management thinks that it's better to have all male members because it attracts more female attention. I didn't want to be selfish because I know that the band deserves all the recognition they can get, but I don't really want to leave. I know the band would probably get more publicity without me though.