After Light

LOUIS'S POINT OF VIEW

Her chocolate eyes and wavy brown dip dyed hair gave her everything. The shiny silver nose ring she's had for as long as I can remember, and the set of dimples were all a boy wanted. The way she didn't wear dresses and skirts, but instead she wore combat boots and ripped jeans was my everything. And this Collin girl, she was all I could focus on.

As I cross the busy street, Starbucks now in view, I rub my arms in an atempt to get warm. I was so freaking cold, and being the idiot I was, I forgot my jumper. It was only 10:30 in the morning, but still cars, buses, taxi's, you name it were flying through the street in hope to get to work or wherever it was they were headed.

Reaching starbucks, I tug at the hem of my collar, nervous as a train wreck. I crack my knuckles, before shoving the door open. It was fairly quiet in here today, which was good. I take a deep breath, before walking towards the counter to order.

"Hey Louis, what can I get you?" I chew the inside of my lip. Jones was serving me today? I thought it was Collin. Well, I guess I should order in stead of standing here like a complete idiot. I tilt my head to the side, thinking about what to get.

"Just the usual." I end up replying, and Jones gave a swift nod. I awkwardly take a step back to let the other person order, folding my arms against my chest. I stare out the window, watching as the cars travel past, people crossing the road.

Bringing out my phone from my back pocket, it was only 10:33. Oh god, Harry would want me back at 10:40, and I couldn't make it that fast. I start playing with my fingers, swallowing hard. It was his birthday today, and he was 20. I mean, c'mon that is a god damn important day for him. No more teenage Harry. And not to mention he's my best friend.

So I had to be there, and on time, too. "Louis, your order is up." Jones says and I praise the lord, paying Jones and taking my one coffee. I hurry out of the shop, the cup burning against my fingers. My god, London was busy today. I hurry across the road, cars jerking to a hault.

I couldn't let Harry down. It was a 5 minute walk normally, but the traffic was so heavy, crossing the road would be near impossible. In the mean time, I drank my coffee, it burning against my tongue. The light turns red, and I basically run across the road. My phone buzzed in my pocket, and I bring it out, walking along the footpath in a hurry.

Hazza (: - where r u ?

Me- sorry haz i'll be there soon. it's busy

Hazza (: -dont let me down again, Lou

On his 19th, I was an hour late and by the time I got there, I knew I had let him down. So I couldn't hurt him like that again. My vans hit the ground harder as I make a run down the street, hoping I'd actually be there on time.

I'm running at full speed, when splat. I trip, dropping my coffee all over me as it burns through my shirt, soaking my skin. I groan in anger, looking at my knee. It was scraped, but I can't leave Harry. Maybe I should have just skipped that walk this morning, and then I'd actually be on time for something.

I scramble to my feet, and look ahead. There it was, the flat I shared with Harry, cars already pulling up. I was meant to be there before the guests, before everyone else. I knew, I knew Harry would be angry at me again, so I limp towards the house, my knee in all this pain and my shirt soaked.

I probably looked like the biggest mess ever. How could I be so stupid? Going for a stupid walk in the morning, falling over and then being late to my best friend's 20th birthday. I mentally facepalm, as I limp across the grass towards the front door. It had streamers hanging down, a piece of paper reading HARRY"S 20TH BIRTHDAY in large red writing. I felt so bad, honestly. I shove it open, keeping my head down.

"Lou-" Harry says, but I walk away, up the stairs ignoring him completley even though it was his birthday. I walk into my room, slamming the door behind me angry at myself for failing him again. I strip my clothes off, changing into a rolling stones shirt, my black jumper and jeans. I drop my damp clothes on my bathroom floor, leaning over the sink.

"Louis, are you in here?" Harry said, knocking on the door. I rub the back of my neck, wondering what he would say to me now.

I don't answer, rolling my jeans up to get a better look at my leg. I wipe the blood away with a damp cloth, hearing Harry sigh from outside. "Louis what happened this time?" He said, his voice low and miserable. Great, I'd hurt him, too.

I can't answer him, not now anyway. I knew if I replied, something idiotic would just slip out of my mouth and it'd hurt him even more. I wash the towel off, the blood hardly coming out now. I take a deep breath, wondering if I should open the door or not.

"Louis, Zayn was here before you, and he's always the late one," I hear him mumble. "Is this because you wanted to see Collin?"

I unlock the door, opening it slowly to reveal Harry looking sad, slouching, his eyebrows furrowed slightly. "I'm sorry."

"Everyone is sorry." Harry mumbled, and this time I knew he was super mad at me. I shut the door again, sliding down against it, putting my head in my hands and groaning in anger and dissapointment. Why the hell do I always have to screw up?

Okay this was short but idk I had a fun idea to write something else and ta-daaaaaa.