After Light

LOUIS'S POV

For a whole week, he ignored me. The constant no talking, leaving whenever I walked into the same room as him and the fact Harry didn't make my dinner like he did every other night, was hurting. I knew I had screwed up big time, which was why I was sat curled up in my chair, my laptop rumbling to life. I knew Harry would come around again, but I couldn't just force him to. I mean, I knew I promised him and then I went and was late, so I can't force anything to happen.

The sound of Harry's footsteps walking down the hall make me turn my head in a hope to see him walking down the hallway, but nothing. I sigh heavily, my hands fumbling as I type in my password for my laptop. Everything loaded, and I swallow, my throat dry.

I open Spotify, thinking of a song to listen to, but then just hitting shuffle on a playlist Harry and I created the day we met, full of the songs we both cherished. From the room next door, all I could hear was the soft melody of Harry singing along, the paper thin walls giving away every noise he made.

I scratch the back of my head before reaching towards my speakers, turning it up. I should apologize to Harry, shouldn't I? I bite down on my lip, shaking my head and reaching for my laptop's mouse, and clicking pause. I swung my feet onto the ground, the soft rug brushing against my toes and feet as I decided to go make myself something to eat.

The house was so quiet, all you could hear was the crickets outside, the neighbours constant screams and yelling in anger, which was the only thing that ever happened. I walk into the kitchen, leaning against the counter, and thinking about what I should say to Harry.

My stomach growls, which made me forget about everything else, as I head towards the fridge, scanning the shelves but finding nothing other than Harry's cooking. I loved his cooking, so so much, but I knew he wouldn't want me touching it.

I sigh in frustration, walking back upstairs to my room and finding my wallet on my bed and grabbing it, shutting the lid of my laptop and sliding my black vans on. It was only 6:30, a week and one day since Harry turned 20. A week and one day since we last talked.

I hurry back down the stairs, finding my iPhone sat on the lounge chair along with my earphones. I grab it, shrugging a jumper on that was too big for me. Great, I just so happened to find Harry's jumper.

"Louis?" I turn around, seeing Harry leaning against the door frame, the black bags under his eyes oh so visible. "Where are you going?"

"For a walk." I answer, the awkwardness surrounding us both as he rubs his neck over and over.

"Okay, well...Be safe," he said, his green eyes peering across at me as I gave a small nod, wondering why he decided to start talking to me now, considering he refused my apology. I leave him alone, wandering the street, plugging my earphones in and hitting play.

 I miss your soft lips, I miss your white sheets

I miss the scratch of your unshaved face on my cheek

And this is so hard 'cause I didn't see

That you were the love of my life and it kills me.

I mumble the words softly, my hands sliding into my pockets as I stare at my feet, wishing Harry would take me back. This song, this song is so...amazing.

I see your face in strangers on the street

I still say your name when I'm talking in my sleep

And in the limelight, I play it off fine

But I can't handle it when I turn off my night light

 Why the heck am I even thinking about him...I mean, I thought I liked Collin. Collin doesn't even know your name, you idiot. I grumble, kicking a stone with the side of my foot, as it skids along the ground before falling down the drain.

But I can't handle it when I turn off my night light

They say that true love hurts, well this could almost kill me

Young love murder, that is what this must be

I would give it all to not be sleeping alone

Alone

Wait, why am I thinking about Harry? Is it because the song is called The Harold Song and my nickname for Harry was once Harold? No, even if the song wasn't called The Harold Song, my thoughts would be all over him. I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding in when I find I was at starbucks.

Jones was at the register again, leaning his elbow against the counter looking bored. My mind was racing, for whatever reason this was as I take my order for a coffee and chocolate chip muffin.

Wait...was I in love with Harry?