Where Did The Party Go

Joe's Pov:
I sighed with boredom as I looked down at my phone. Marie and Ruby had already left to see Ruby's grandma, my mother-in-law. I wondered if I should call them to see if they got there safely. I wondered if I should call Pete to see if he was okay.

Nah, I thought to myself. Everything was probably just fine for all of them. I should really stop worrying so much, I thought. But the whole ordeal with Patrick has disturbed us all, even Andy. I didn't tell Marie too much about it. I didn't want to worry her.

I got up from the couch and stretched, looking around. I was just about to text Andy when I heard something at the door. It sounded like it was being picked open.

Oh hell no! I thought, putting down my phone and grabbing the nearest object to my right, which happened to be my guitar. I was not going to let some dumb ass burglar come into my house and fuck everything up! I shall be ready to defend myself!

But what came through that door was what I was expecting the least. I put the guitar down gently as I tried to steady my breathing. He really did target Pete, and I guess that I was next.

"Hello, Joe."
-----------------------------------------------------------
Third Person Pov:
Pete sighed with nervousness as they pulled up to Joe's house. The door was wide open.

Dean looked at him with a look that seemed to say, ready? He nodded. They both got out of the car. Sam decided to stay behind at the hotel to do some research on this whole 'resurrecting a demon' ordeal. 

But Pete couldn't undo the twisted knot of nervousness in his gut as they went into the house. Sure enough, there was Joe, fighting for his life against his best friend.

Patrick turned his head. All Pete saw was his best friend, fighting against this demon inside of him. But not Dean. He didn't see Patrick. He saw the demon that ruined his life; that killed his family. As he looked in the boy's burning eyes, he only saw Azazel.

Dean's anger raged on as the demon's eyes fell on him. He could recognize them anywhere. That burning yellow; it was the opposite of amnesia. Azazel smirked, as if to taunt him. Dean couldn't take it any more. He pulled out his knife and charged.

But Azazel was too fast. He turned the other way, smashing through the back window. Joe's house was more elevated than Pete's, so poor Patrick probably sprained his ankle. But that didn't phase the demon. He snarled in a smile as he saw both Pete and Dean looking down on him, knowing they couldn't go after him. He got up, saluted a goodbye in mockery, and disappeared into the night. 

"Son of a bitch." Dean cursed under his breath. He, and Pete, turned when Sam walked in. "He got away?" He asked, a bit out of breath. Dean nodded solemnly. This was going to be a lot harder than he thought.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"Okay, but what the fuck just happened!?" Joe yelled, now sitting back on the couch. Pete was next to him, trying to calm him down. "One of my best friends, who's like, six inches shorter than me, tried to fucking kill me! And he almost fucking did!"

"Joe, please." Pete murmured to his friend. "We don't really know what's going on yet. Just, calm down."

"No! No, I'm not going to 'calm down'! I thought Patrick was just missing, and now he's gone full on fucking serial killer! It's like he walked right out of the fucking Youngblood Chronicles!" Joe continued his rant. Then he turned and pointed towards Dean. "And then this douche bag tried to kill him!"

"What!" Pete exclaimed. He didn't see that. Maybe he was too occupied with Patrick to see it. But still, he turned towards the hunter. "Is that true?" He asked, worried.

Dean looked down guiltily, playing with his knife. He wanted to lie, but something kept him from it. He just thought that Pete should know the truth.

"Yeah, yeah it is." He confessed after a moment of silence. "Wait, what?" Sam exclaimed after he heard Dean say yes, now joining in the conversation.

"But, but you promised." Pete muttered, not believing what he was hearing. His brows furrowed as his worst fears came unraveling before him.

"Pete, listen to me." Sam started, seeing the confusion and fear in his eyes. "I had nothing to do with this. I had no idea-"

"No!" Pete exclaimed, getting up from his seat. "You promised me! You promised me you wouldn't kill him!" He was getting angry now.

"Sam promised! I never did!" Dean yelled back. "What you saw back there wasn't Patrick. That was a demon, who has hurt a lot of people, and is going to hurt more people if we don't kill him!"

"But you were supposed to help him! We were supposed to help him! We can get that thing out of him. He's going to be okay if we just do something!"

"What if he's already dead!"

Pete stopped at those words. He was almost on the verge of tears. Joe saw what was going on and decided to put an end to it. "You two need to leave." He said, standing up.

Dean was about to protest, but Sam stopped him. "Come on, let's go." Sam hissed as he basically pushed his brother away. He looked back, not at Joe, but at Pete, seeing the anguish on his face. Sam's brows furrowed in worry as he sighed, but left with Dean anyways.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"What the hell was that?!" Sam finally snapped when they got to the car.

"It was me trying to get a job done." Dean retorted, making a move to get in the car. But Sam stopped him.

"I thought I told you not to kill him. No, I know I told you, and you went behind my back!"

"He killed our mom, Sam," Were the only words Dean could force out of his mouth. "He killed our mom."

Sam didn't try to fight back. He just looked down in guilt. Dean was right. But that wouldn't stop him from trying to save an innocent soul. They both got in the car.

They didn't talk to each other for the rest of the night.