Chapter 2~ Drawings

~{Shadow's POV}~

Shadow sat at her desk drawing as the teacher droned on about meteors, asteroids and outer space. She was drawing a wolf for Jira.

~{One class later}~
~{Kian's POV}~

Kian was in art class, trying to sketch. However, each time he tried to draw something, it ended up reminding him of Shadow. Eventually, Kian gave in and sketched his crush.
Finishing, he went to turn it in, but decided not to sign his name for fear of people discovering his secret. Having satisfied his urge to draw Shadow, he began to sketch his original picture again.

~{Shadow's POV}~

Shadow put her wolf sketch away and sketched two boys. The first boy looked about 19 years old with dark blue hair and the other looked about Shadow's age. The one around Shadow's age was Ice.

~{Kian's POV}~

As the bell rang for the end of class, Kian stood up in an attempt to leave before anyone saw the picture. Having to pass by Shadow on the way out, Kian saw that she had drawn 2 boys. One of them resembled her brother, Ice, who Kian had known was her brother for a long time. However, he did not recognize the other. "Who on earth?" Kian thought aloud, before running off, as Shadow had heard him standing behind her.

~{Shadow's POV}~

Shadow was surprised at hearing a boy's outburst but, being the dense person she was, decided that it had nothing to do with her and she gathered her stuff, turning the drawing of her brothers in as she left.

~{Kian's POV}~

Walking away, Kian had an idea. I should leave another tulip. He thought. But maybe I'll leave a tag on it this time. One that says Shadow on it so she'll know it's for her he thought, heading to his next class.

~{Shadow's POV}~

Shadow entered the lunchroom and spotted her friends at their usual table. She waved to them before she got in line for lunch.

~{Kian's POV}~

Kian was sitting at the end of his table, ever so often glancing over towards Shadow. He was surrounded by people he didn't know, as usual. They were all misfits or outcasts who had never bothered to make friends. On the first day of school, each of them had decided to claim that area so they could all just chill and eat lunch without needing a friend group to sit with. Kian didn't mind though, as talking too much or getting extra excited made it hard to keep Graye inside.... If Graye got out at school, Kian was doomed.

~{Shadow's POV}~

Shadow smiled and chatted with her friends while they ate. Once in a while she ran a hand through her hair, either from nerves or from embarrassment at what her friends were saying.

~{Kian's POV}~

As Kian ate, one of the people next to him spilled some kind of soda everywhere. Wanting to help, Kian stood up to get a napkin.

~{Ugh, Everyones POV}~

At the same time, Shadow remembered she needed a spoon. Standing up to get one, she headed over to the bar with the utensils, napkins, and condiments.

Both of them neared the stand when Shadow stepped into some spilled applesauce, and slipped. She fell right into Kian, who caught her at the last second.

"Oh my gosh I am so sorry!" Shadow rambled sheepishly, righting herself, her cheeks glowing red. "I'm so embarrassed...."

Kian helped Shadow regain her balance. As he did, he felt his cheeks reddening slightly. "Are you okay?" He asked her, making a quick attempt to straighten his ponytail. Then, he saw her eyes. The beautiful, vibrant purple eyes of his crush were staring him right in the face, and Kian was rendered speechless as soon as he saw them. His face became bright red as he realized what he was doing and stood up. "I really should be going." Kian said quickly, grabbing a napkin and not waiting for a response. Hurrying back to the table with his napkins, Kian started to fiddle with his ponytail, which he only did when he was uncomfortable. Face still bright red, he began to help clean up the soda spill.

Shadow stared after him, her cheeks still red, she blinked a few times before remembering the spoon she was looking for. She got the spoon and returned to her table.

"Shadow are you okay?" Ice asked upon her return. "You look flustered."

"I'm fine Ice," She replied. "Just looking forward to PE."

~{Kian's POV}~

Finishing his lunch quickly, Kian stood up and hurried out of the lunchroom. He headed out the front of the school, unnoticed by anyone out front, grabbing another tulip, this one maroon. Kian carefully slipped a tag onto the stem. He raced to the bench, and set it there before hurrying back inside. As he hurried inside he spotted a boy around the age of 19 that matched the picture Shadow had drawn in art class dissapearing around the corner of the building.

Weird. He thought, recognizing him as the boy from the picture.