Chapter 4~ Copying Falls and Secret Sketches

(A/N: Sorry about Chapter three being insanely short, but nothing else really seemed to fit into that time slot.)

~{Shadow's POV}~

Next day, in Art class Shadow had finished the daily assignment and started to work on her wolf sketch again.

~{Kian's POV}~

As Kian went for a box of soft colored pencils, he noticed something a bit terrifying. His art teacher had a tendency to put art on the walls, and in one of his "put up" piles, was the sketch of Shadow. Knowing he couldn't just take it, Kian went back with the pencils. At least he didn't sign it.

~{Shadow's POV}~

Shadow quickly changed into her gym clothes and ran to the gym. Mr. Saltzer was known for tagging someone tardy at a seconds notice so she was always early, today however, Ice had been complaining about something and distracted her as he was heading to PE.

~{Kian's POV}~

Kian headed out of the locker rooms, feeling a little better about himself. He felt really refreshed, until he saw Shadow. Then, he felt himself growing hot.

~{Shadow's POV}~

Shadow was in to much of a hurry to notice Kian and almost slammed into him, her arm brushing his as she ran by.

~{Kian's POV}~

Kian jumped, causing him to stumble. He barely managed to regain his balance before Mr. Saltzer walked in and started taking role.

~{Shadow's POV}~

Shadow slid into her seat on the gym floor like everyone else as the teacher came into the room.

~{Everyone's POV}~

"Ahem!" The coach cleared his throat, signaling for all the students to come in his direction.

Shadow compiled as she ran over to talk to her friends.

Kian lost focus as the coach assigned teams for volleyball (not just for girls) Kian didn't realize he had ended up on Shadow's team until Jira practically grabbed everyone on it with them. Jasmine had ended up on the opposite team, and Jiza had used his fake doctor's note again.

~{Shadow's POV}~

Shadow glared at Jiza, who smiled from his place on the sidelines. She then shrugged and turned back to their game. "Let's play ball!" Shadow said happily, serving the volleyball.

~{Everyone's POV}~

The coach blew his whistle, signaling the start of the game.

It was close going in, and Kian being rather tall wasn't too bad. He almost tripped a lot, but regardless he magnaged to keep playing. As the game came closer to ending, there was one ball that would mean their win if they got it. Kian dove for it at the same time as Shadow. Both their hands crashed into the ball, and it whizzed over the net, hitting the ground on the other side. Kian had landed on top of Shadow, and both their faces had turned bright red.

Embarassed beyond belief, Kian scrambled to his feet and helped Shadow stand. "Are you alright? Sorry I'm so clumsy like that.. I,-"

"Are you kidding? How'd you manage to get there so fast?! I wish I could do that!" Shadow exclaimed, looking at the boy.

"Sorry, what? I just ran into you, are you okay though? I mean-" Kian stumbled, not quite believing everything was alright.

"Don't bother to apologize. Hey, you caught me yesterday, and I caught you today. We're even." Shadow said with a smile.

"Uhm... okay?" Kian then walked away as the coach blew his whistle again. Hearing the okay from the coach, he took off towards the locker rooms.

Shadow dropped her act and her face turned red with embarrassment as she ran for the girls locker room, even jumping a person who had leaned over to tie their shoes.