Chapter 8~ A Friendly Encounter

Nervously, Kian walked out the front doors of school. He wasn't sure if he was ready to talk to Shadow, especially after the few incidents that had occurred over the past week and a half. Walking around the corner towards the bench, he found Shadow seated there, talking to Jasmine, Jiza, and Jira. Jas said one last thing to Shadow, before dashing off in the direction of the buses. As Kian approached, Jiza looked up.

"Hey Kian! Glad you could make it!" He called out.

Shadow and Jira both turned to look, Jira eyeing him carefully while Shadow let out a small "erp!" And turned to Jiza. "Why is what who wha?" She hissed in his ear, just before Kian reached them.

"Shadow, Jira, I'd like to introduce you to Kian. He's recently become a good friend of mine." Jiza said, and Jira huffed.

"Whatever Jiza. Nice to meet you erherm... Kian?"

Kian didn't respond to her, as he had made eye contact with Shadow, both their faces flushing a bit, but only Shadow's was noticeable. (Cuz her skin color is so freaking pale compared to a normal person's skin color!)

"H... Hi Kian...." Shadow said, a little nervously.

"Why don't you have a seat Kian, and get to know the girls." Jiza said, pushing Kian into the open spot next to Shadow.

Kian tried his best to play it cool while talking to Jira and Shadow, but it seemed no matter how awkward he was they seemed to accept him all the same. Finally, he felt calm talking to everyone like they were old friends.

Everyone that is, but Shadow, she seemed... well... off.