VII

phil pov; 

     Dan and I stayed overnight at Jubilee. He showed me this band, Arctic Monkeys. The songs were really good. 
     "But when you look at me like that, my darling, what did you expect? I'd probably still adore you with your hands around my neck." 

I looked at Dan. He was looking at his nails, picking dirt from under them. He was so cute, even without trying to be. I was quickly lost in thought, admiring him. 
     "Phil?" He said, snapping me out of my trance.  "Is there something on my face?" 
  My eyes were wide. I had no clue what to say. "No, I just..." I was at a loss for words. I was staring at him, plain and simple. I couldn't justify myself without letting him know that I was staring at him. I just smiled, and hoped he'd forget. 

     He looked at me strangely, and shook his head. "So, what do you want to do? We're gonna be here for a while." He picked up his phone and checked the time. "It's 11:35." 
      "I don't know, actually." I said. 
   "Do you want to play smash or pass? I'll go first" Dan asked out of nowhere. 
      "Sure." 

     He thought for a moment. "Axl Rose." 
  "Who is that?" I asked. His mouth dropped. 
   "How do you not know who Axl Rose is?" He asked, shocked. He pulled out his phone, most likely to google him. 
   "I just don't, I guess." I said, shrugging. "It's not really a big deal, is it?" 
   "It's the biggest deal!! Do you know who guns n roses are?" He asked, frantically typing on his phone. 

   "Maybe. They're a band, I'm assuming." I said. "Name a song." 
  "Paradise city?" He asked, a hopeful look on his face.
  I thought about it for a minute. "Yeah, I think." 
"This is it." He said, tapping his phone and setting it down.

     "Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty, oh won't you please take me home?" 

  "Yeah, I know this song." I said, smiling. "I actually really like this song. I heard it about 5 years ago when I was in the car with my dad. I've been trying to find it ever since."
      "Ok, so here's Axl." He said, showing me a picture of a man with strawberry blonde hair. "Oh, I know who that is. Smash all the fucking way." I said.
     Dan laughed. "Me too, buddy."

     We spent the rest of the night playing smash or pass and listening to music.