Duck, Duck...Get the Point

Set after Cari's return to Vancouver in Paradoxical Plane

Turkey Time! – J2

Duck, Duck...get the point – Jensen

I looked up at Jared from the book in front of me as he entered the library room. There was a look of confusion on his face as I picked up the cup of coffee and took a sip and took my feet down from the table.

"Hey," I greeted and watched as he stopped to look over the research that cluttered the wood, before going back to the book.

"Did you get any sleep?" He questioned and I just shook my head. "Dean, you can't keep doing this. How long has it been?"

I thought for a moment and then glanced up at him. "I don't know, couple days."

"You're going to burn yourself out." He stepped over, took the book from me and looked down at the pages. "Nothing in here is going to tell us anything we need to know about Nicci, not where she is, not where she's going."

"No, but it might give us an idea why." I replied and grabbed the cup, emptied it and walked off, headed for the kitchen. I don't remember much of the in between parts, not the cut, reset, action but I just went with the story. I turned the corner to the coffee machine and poured another cup, Jared right behind me. "Sam, really, you don't need to babysit me."

"No?" I turned to him and scowled.

"No, I know what I'm doing." I walked past him to the counter and paused, putting my hands on the stainless steel. "She's been gone a week, Sam, I can't just sit here and wait for her to pop up on the radar."

"Hey, what's with the two of you? In the beginning you wanted to strangle her, now you're completely out of your head with worry, I don't get it." I just shrugged and shook my head, the Dean voice inside me helped me express what I needed to on my face, that there was no way I could explain to him that I was in love with her. "Look, I think I might have a way to find her."

"Really?" I stood straight and looked at him, kind of like "you've been holding out", and watched as he raised his eyebrows.

I followed him back to the library, where he stood by the laptop and quickly moved his fingers across the keys. Shifting my weight, I watched him turn the screen towards me.

"A stolen car report, that's what you have?" I questioned. "She's a Nephilim, what would she need a car for?"

"Cas said her powers weren't..."

"Yeah, I know," I interrupted, worry in my voice, they had been wonky since that scene, but the fans knew that and there was no need to repeat. "So, she stole a car, bet she dumped the low-jack."

"She did, actually, right there in the parking lot, but..." he typed a little more, "the tags were still on the car, and a transponder."

"You really think she didn't notice an electronic toll transponder?" I looked at him as if he weren't serious.

"Well, she didn't at least for the first few hundred miles, so we have a direction." I looked at him, and let out a breath before I ran a hand through my hair.

"Where's she headed?"

"Sioux Falls." Jared replied and looked at me as I stared at him confused.

CUT, SET!

Time to roll, but there was still something missing from my day. I rolled my eyes, looked at the cell phone that I dug out of my pocket and watched as Jared walked over. I closed my eyes, took in a deep breath and shook my head.