7. The Damaged And The Ruined One [Part II]

If it confused you then, Mehrjan refers to Serena as the ruined one.

**

 * Emmad Irfani as Emaad Soomro

* Emmad Irfani as Emaad Soomro.*
(See what I did here? Huh? Huh?)

**

"I want to slam Emaad Soomro's head on a wall and you want me to serve tea to him?"

Anjuman nodded at Yamama.

So did I.

So did Mannat.

"You guys are nuts." Yamama wrinkled her nose and continued to scroll through her phone.

Anjuman frowned and turned to Mannat. "I guess then I have to go."

I was halfway chopping tomatoes when all of a sudden, a thought struck me. "Wait, does Serena knows that Emaad is here?" I asked.

"You guys didn't tell her?" Khalil asked. Everyone present in the kitchen shook their head. "Seriously?" His mouth gaped open. "Her husband is here and she doesn't know? Yamama , even you didn't tell her? I mean come on; you are our family's local gossipmonger. You are a chatterbox who invent things with her small mind and share it with her big mouth. Don't you dare deny it."

Yamama looked at him offended and then gasped, placing a hand on her heart. "You should be ashamed for accusing me, I never gossip!" She paused and then turned to Mannat. "That reminds me, did I tell you about the time when Hira had a catfight with one of her patients and then, it turns out that it was actually the wife of the guy hira was having an affair with. I absolutely hate that homewrecker. " She told Mannat.

Mannat absently nodded. "I'll go and wake Serena up. Anjuman and Kiran, you both go and help the maids in the kitchen for elder's breakfast." Anjuman and Kiran left quickly and after that, she ordered yamama. "Yamama, utho foran." She snapped her fingers at Yamama.

"Hell no. I am bloody five years older than you, Mannat. You can't order me like this!" Yamama stubbornly whined. "Make me!"

Mannat stepped forward threateningly.

Yamama leapt out of the chair and briskly ran out of the kitchen.

"Asaan je khandaan waqae ajeeb aahe." Khalil said to me.

"What?" I asked, dumb folded. "Was that sindhi? What did you say?"

Khalil rolled his eyes. "I just confessed my undying love for you, Rudaba."

My eyes widened. "quoi?"

"No, I haven't said anything about a kunwah (well in urdu.)" Khalil replied, perplexed.

"What's a kuwah?"

Khalil facepalmed himself. "Nothing."

"No! Tell me about what you really said to me in Sindhi!" I urged.