Things to do, Lovers to kill

"Isn't it a bit boring?" Baekhyun raised a question in the empty silence of the motel whilst absently screwing on a silencer for his pistol.
Chanyeol shared him a bemused glance "what, Baek just let it drop already-"
"No! For the past month of being your assistant I've seen you do nothing more than follow your dick of a dad's orders. He leads you blindfolded into battle fields, Yeol." Baekhyun let out his frustration, emphasising it by cocking his pistol, the object letting out an audible 'clack. Chanyeol smirked,
"You blindfold me every night, yet I come out alive in that battle-" Baekhyun slapped the back of Chanyeol's head as the giant laughed soft heartedly
"You have no respect for your elders.." Baekhyun grumbled "okay, Hyung. That totally contradicts that fact that you said not to follow my dad-" "shut up!" Baekhyun yapped, pointing a gun at Chanyeol who just laughed.
The pair were infamous for their bickering during serious moments to confuse their enemies but that doesn't mean that they don't bring that habit back home with them.
Chanyeol's phone buzzed and he picked it up in a heart beat. "Yeah-got it. Yes sir-okay. On it- yes...goodbye." After the short, meaningless conversation, Chanyeol threw Baekhyun a frightful glance.
"What? It's Mr Park isn't it." Baekhyun grumbled, cocking his fifth gun; you could say cocking hard objects were his speciality. "Baek, I-" Chanyeol started guiltily but Baekhyun cut him off with a piercing glare. The elder slung the duffel full of weapons over his frail shoulders and roughly nudged past Chanyeol to send a clear petty message.
The car ride was silent because Baekhyun was too busy gripping the steering wheel until his knuckles burned white and squinting at the dark road before him like he needed glasses, Chanyeol daren't speak up.
"I want to leave you." Baekhyun spat out bitterly and it startled the poor giant.

"Wha-"

"But I can't. I don't have a choice. If I leave you, you'll be dead within seconds. You're lucky Yeol-" Baekhyun paused. Yeol, the name Baekhyun always used when he was mad. Chanyeol took a mental note

"You're lucky that I love you. You son of a bitch. If you're gonna die, I'm gonna have to die with you." Baekhyun gritted his teeth, concentrating unnecessarily harder on the road; Chanyeol sank into his seat, guilt consuming him

"Baek...I don't want to hurt you. I don't want you to die." Chanyeol said, pouting his lips as he shifted uncomfortably trying to catch Baekhyun's gaze

Baekhyun laughed emotionlessly

"Me too. I'm only 26 idiot. I have so much to live for. I don't want to die bloody." Baekhyun knew he was guilt tripping Chanyeol into giving in. It was bad, in the end it made Baekhyun the guiltier culprit. "If I'm gonna die, I'm gonna die guns blazing. Not on some blind mission your dad gave us."

"Remember that I trust you with my life, Chanyeol. I trust you to protect me just as much as I'll protect you. I'm not willing to let go. But if I'm going down, you're going down with me. Smiles or not."

The sadness piled further onto Chanyeol's shoulders. He felt his heart ache. He heard it scream. He specifically remembered what his dad told him to do over the phone.

"Are you with him? Get rid of him. He's a threat to you. Do it fast, or its over."

Chanyeol felt his tears glisten in the darkness of the car, how everything felt so small now. Chanyeol pursed his lips and fingered the gun tucked tightly in his buckle.

"Baek." He wobbled, but Baekhyun obliviously hummed.

"Hm?" Either he did it himself and go down with him, or let the road do it's work. They were never safe in the first place...

"Byun Baekhyun." Chanyeol whispered, unable to hold back his tears. The gun was now on his lap.

"Park Chanyeol." Baekhyun smiled lightly. The object was unsteady in his hands

"Look at he stars, Baek." Chanyeol's voice cracked; by this time, Baekhyun knew what was about to take place

"It's beautiful isn't it?"

Baekhyun gazed, also unable to stop the tears from falling.

"It is."

Chanyeol pulled the trigger,

And the car spun out of control.

- Bear