Chapter 2

Hinata's POV:

It was the next morning. I was a bit late for school so I quickly put on my usual clothes, grabbed my bag and some bread and was now on my way to school while quickly putting the bread in my mouth. After about twenty minutes I finally arrived at school. Luckily I was still on time so I decided to walk to the classroom and wait for the teacher and my classmates to arrive. When I got to the classroom I saw Nanami already waiting there. She waved at me. I walked over to her.

"Hi Hinata!" She greeted.

"Hello Nanami!" I greeted back. "Were you early as well?"

"Yeah, I left a bit too early. What about you?" She asked.

"Heh.. I overslept so I hurried and I ended up being too early." I said. She laughed.

"Hey guys!" We heard from behind us. We turned around to see who greeted us and saw it was Komaeda.

"Hey Ko- WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO YOU???" I exclaimed. Nanami also seemed to be shocked. The entire left side of his head was wrapped in bandages.

"Oh this? Yeah, I tripped and crashed against the wall.. So much for being the ultimate lucky student, right?" He laughed.

"Did you clean it well? Maybe you should let Tsumiki have a look at it?" I said. I was really worried, it looked like a serious injury.

"Hmm, I don't think it's really necessary but I will." He said as he turned around to find Tsumiki.

"That looked pretty serious..." Nanami said.

"Yeah... I hope he's alright. But if he lets Tsumiki treat the wound, I'm sure everything will be fine." I responded. She nodded in agreement.

The teacher arrived at the classroom and opened the door. We walked into the classroom and sat down next to each other. The bell rang and our first class began.

_Timeskip_ 

Our first class was over but Komaeda hadn't returned yet. I wonder where he is... Usually we have Physics the second hour, but our Physics teacher was sick so Nanami and I decided to go to the canteen. We sat down at a table and did some homework for the next day. After a while Komaeda finally returned but he looked... worse?

"Hey!" He greeted as he sat down at the same table as us.

"K-Komaeda? What happened? Almost your entire face is now covered in bandages!" I cried.

"Oh well, when Tsumiki-san was treating my wounds she accidentally bumped against the shelf next to us and some kind of weird potion spilled all over my face. It kind of burnt..."

"Oh my gosh..." Nanami said.

"B-But it's all good now! So no need to worry." He quickly said.

I sighed. I know he has bad luck sometimes but this is just ridiculous.

"Anyway.. What were you guys doing? Homework?" He asked.

"Oh, yeah... It sucks though, we have so many exercises to do for geography. Do those teachers enjoy torturing their student or something? Uhg.. I hate them.." I groaned and dropped my head on the table. "I just wanna go back to bed..."

"Cheer up Hinata-kun! At least our Physics teacher isn't at school today so if you finish your homework right now, you won't have to do anything this afternoon!" He smiled.

"I guess."

The rest of the hour went by pretty fast and after our recess, we went to our next class. The other subjects weren't as hard as the rest so it went pretty well.

Finally the last bell rang and everyone stormed out of the classroom. Nanami had left earlier because she had some kind of appointment. I packed all my stuff and was just about to leave when I felt someone tap on my shoulder. I turned around and saw it was Komaeda.

"Uhm... Hinata-kun? D-Do you have time this afternoon?" He asked. It looked like he was blushing, but that was probably just my imagination.

"Yes, why?" I asked.

"W-Would you like to hang out with me?" He said.

"Yeah sure." I said. I didn't really have anything better to do anyway and spending time with Komaeda was often fun.

Komaeda's face lit up and he seemed really happy. "Thank you, Hinata-kun! I'm really glad you want to hangout with trash like me!" He beamed.

"Komaeda, you're not trash. How many times do I have to tell you?" I said as I softly hit his head with my hand.

"Ouch.." He said.

Oh yeah, his bandages...

"Sorry about that..." I apologized.

"No, it's okay. Then, shall we go?"

I nodded. We both walked out of the building and I just followed Komaeda, not really knowing where we were going.