C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - F O U R

Please

He pulls up out front of my house, I look around at it to see that one light was on and that was the living room's light. I'm going to have so much explaining to do.

I open the door but before I could get out Ace grabs my wrist, I look down at his tatted hand but didn't dare look up at him.

"Kitten-" He speaks softly but I don't let him say anything else.

"Please don't start Ace, I don't wanna hear it." I tell him directly, while shrugging.

"But you don't understand." He says, I feels his eyes looking down at me.

"I do understand," I frown, I look up and dodge his eye contact by looking straight ahead. "And I understand that I am in danger, but I'm more unsafe when I'm around you."

"That's the thing kitten-" He let go of my wrist, I breath in.

"Please Ace," I finally look around at him. "Just don't-" He frowns, "I need to stay away, we both do, I should of listened to my brother."

"You don't need to listen to him at all Kitten, he doesn't know jack-shit." He shakes his head.

"Saids the guy who's put me in danger."  I cross my arms.

"Saids the guy who also saved you from it," He raises a brow. "You can't tell me, that your brother would know how to get you out of this sort of trouble."

"He could if he needed." He look down at my lap, thinking about my answer.

"Mhm sure," He hums in doubt, he looks away from a few seconds.

My mind was rethinking of doing what I wanted to do, he had a point in some ways, but I just didn't feel safe with him, well at least not after what he may of done.

"Fine do what you want," He motions towards my house, making me look over to it. "But it's not going to change a damn thing."

I breathe in while I think, I knew he had a point, it wasn't going to change a thing, but I wish it did, I just wish I was never there that night, I never looked at Ace and the others that night, and maybe just maybe I wouldn't be here right now.

But before I could make a decision I had to ask one thing, I needed to know what Maxwell meant by Ace owing him something and him starting to take Ace's things away.

"Can you just answer one thing?" I ask, not looking around at him.

"What?"

"Maxwell told me, that he.. kidnapped me because you owe him something, and you've owed him it since you got out of Jail." I explain, "So what is it?"

He went silent for some time, which made me look around, he looked out the front window with a frown.

"What did you do?" I ask again raising a eyebrow.

He rubs his forehead with his hand, "I can't say." He mumbles.

"Why not?" I shrugged.

He looks at me, "I just can't Kitten."

I sigh out, and that's why I don't have trust him enough, he won't even explain what's on Maxwell's nerves to kidnap me.