Chapter 5: Missing

Anne's POV

I woke up on a Saturday morning with a very quiet lab. Normally Stein is awake first on the weekends and in his lab dissecting some poor unfortunate soul.I untangled myself from my warm covers and stood slowly. The cold floor was uncomfortable under my feet and gave me chills. I walked out of my room pushing open my very heavy metal door. I walked to Stein's room first.

I pushed the door open that I had once propped not too long ago. I peered inside and saw his bed a mess and empty. I let out a sigh and walked to the lab to see if he was being quiet with his dissection. He was not there either. I walked to the bathroom. Not in the shower. As the last hope, I walked to the main room where his computer stands alone. I turned the corner to see it off.

Growing worried I grabbed a mirror that was close by. I dialed Lord Death. "42-42-564 whenever you wanna knock on Death's door." I said. He came up and I smiled a bit. "Hiya Anne how goes it?" he asked. I let out a sigh before I spoke. "Is Stein there on an early meeting that he never told me about? He is not home and I cannot find him." I said and at this point

Spirit was on screen with Death. "He isn't home?" He asked and I nodded. "I have no idea where he is. I read in his file a few years ago when I researched this place that his sanity was never stable.That was a challenge to work with that interested me but now...I have no idea if i am up for the challenge. But as his weapon, I will. If it means I perish. But for now, I need to know where he is. I have an idea where he is but. Do I dare go there? I have no idea." I said.

Lord Death and Spirit looked at each other before nodding. "I have a feeling that Medusa Gorgon could have kidnapped him. But if he was in a state of madness she could have told him that the noise would stop if he came with her. However, we do not at the moment know where she is hiding." he said. I gritted my teeth at the name and situation.

"Medusa Gorgon.." I started. "I read her file. I know she worked at the DWMA as a "human" nurse. And that Stein had his doubts about her. I will get to the bottom of this even if it means my death. You will have your friend and professor back. But for now. I will update you on the situation." I said. They nodded and Spirit wiped a tear from his eye. I waved and they signed off.

I sighed and left the lab and locked it as I did. I jumped to the roof to look at Death City. "If I was a witch where would I hide?" I thought. I smirked and walked off to a fairly known witch hideout. I walked through the tunnel where I was slammed against the wall. "You do not look like a witch, ribbit." I heard. I looked up and smirked. "It is nice to see you as well, Eruka Frog." I said. She looked at me and dropped me.

"Sorry, Anne. Why are you here?" she asked. I stood and straightened my fleece
. "I am looking for my meister. Professor Franken Stein. I have reason to beilieve that the witch Medusa Gorgon had taken him overnight." I said. She nodded and looked down.

"Well.. I should not be talking to you as a DWMA student. But since I hate Medusa as much as you do I will tell you where she is located." she said. I nodded and smirked.

She told me where she was and I nodded. "Very well...I love to get my hands dirty. I will see you around." I turned to leave. "And Eruka...Try and stayout of trouble..." I said before leaving. I ran off to the only clue I had. I called LordDeath.

"Hiya Anne...Any new leads?" he
asked. I smirked and nodded. "I got one from an old friend of mine." I said.

He nodded and looked at me. "Who is this old friend?" he asked. I smirked and looked at him. "A witch by the name of Eruka Frog. We used to be close friends when we were younger and before she started practicing magic and became a witch." I said.He nodded and Spirit came on screen. "You're telling us that you are friends with a witch?" he asked. I nodded."Indeed." I said.