Chapter 12 (Unedited)

Y'ALL CHECK OUT THE NEW COVER???? ISN'T IT FUCKING PERFECTION???????  ONE OF MY LOVELY, AMAZING, TALENTED READERS, EYO_SUGA (ao3) MADE IT AND I'M IN TEARS, IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL IM GONNA CRY. THANK YOU SO MUCH, DEAR!!!! I'VE NEVER RECEIVED FAN ART BEFORE ASDFGHJKL MY HEART IS GONNA BURST

____________

Although it had only been a couple of weeks since Yoongi and Jimin had abruptly left the safety of the den, it felt like it'd been six long agonising months since the incident had occurred. Jimin knew it was the tough environment around him that was playing tricks with his mind but who could really blame him? This trip was a question of survival, Jimin being pushed to his absolute limit.

Jimin wasn't stupid, he knew just how enraged and hurt Yoongi was, which was the exact reason why he'd pushed his own feelings and frustrations aside even though he'd felt like screaming, arguing, and reasoning. After all, nothing he could possibly come up with could get through to Yoongi, the man was far beyond his reach; logic had left the wolf a long time ago, so it would've been a waste of time and only worsening his situation even further. So Jimin had done what anyone else with just a little sense of occasion would've done; he'd submitted to his mate, not wanting to upset the male even further.

Judging by Yoongi's behaviour during these past weeks, Jimin was still far from forgiven and honestly, it didn't seem like that would change anytime soon. But Yoongi couldn't keep them out here forever, right?

It was a big fat statement on Yoongi's part, no doubt; after their little disagreement, Yoongi had stormed out of the den, metaphorically dragging Jimin along with him. Then they'd walked for days, through the coldness of the nights and the harshest storms without any food, living only on the water the snow offered, until Yoongi had finally stopped.

They were far, very far from the den, no doubt about it, which left them exposed, vulnerable; being so far from one's pack, one's home and safety, was not something to take light-heartedly. Werewolves were completely dependent on their pack, their Alpha, each other, so for Yoongi to bring his mate to this unknown land so far from everyone couldn't be interpreted as anything else but a statement.

A clear statement to Jimin; you cannot survive without me.

And Yoongi definitely had a point; in this foreign land, with no fire, no den, no shelter, Jimin was completely dependent on Yoongi; dependent on him bringing back prey for food. Dependent on his body's warmth and his body as a shelter of the merciless wind in the cold nights in the open, snow-covered plain. There was no doubt Jimin wouldn't survive this if it wasn't for Yoongi and that was the exact purpose with this voyage; it was Yoongi's sick way of disciplining Jimin without making it physical.

After years with Jimin, Yoongi had learned that using physical methods- put Jimin in his place, although it was totally normal and acceptable between werewolves, it had too many negative effects with humans. While using physical punishments weren't anything but a mere statement between wolves, he'd come to learn that it had far worse consequences with humans; they injure more easily, and these injuries are far worse than what one would see with wolves, and they heal a lot more slowly, forcing them to be bedridden for a longer period of time.

Also, while werewolves would only feel shame when being disciplined this way, it seemed like it had a different effect on these humans, they reacted so differently; they got scared, hurt, holding a grudge even if they were the ones in the wrong. What kind of behaviour is that?

It pissed Yoongi off; when Jimin was at fault, he'd still take on the role of the victim by reacting forcefully whenever Yoongi did what was to be expected from a good mate, disciplining the younger whenever he was misbehaving one way or another. The way Jimin would suddenly try to turn the situation around, making Yoongi seem like the one in the wrong, was absolutely childish and unacceptable.