April 11th, 2016

Oh yes. It's a date. A date I remembered. I'm sure you know what this means. Jirafa and I, by this time have hung out. We talked in school. It wasn't anything special but I had butterflies every time I saw him. Nothing new. I remember avoiding him because my hands would shake, and my stomach would flip. I felt as if I was going to mess something up, or embarrass myself. I did care if you liked me, because I liked you. 

At the time, you had asked for my friend Mattingly's number. I was super confused. You bluntly asked me, and I thought..."Whoa maybe he doesn't have any interest into taking things further". I began to see you and her texting a lot, so I thought maybe I wasn't the only girl you talked to and I wasn't as special as I thought. But that is when she started taunting me with it. "I know something, you don't know." I wanted to believe that he would ask me out, or something. They talked a lot, and maybe all they talked about was me.

A couple days pass and I ignore you as much as I can. We text all the time, but I still can't help feel like I'm gonna mess something up even more than it's already messed up. That's when I'm walking and you grab on my sweatshirt. "You know what I'm about to ask you right?" I looked at him and said, "No... what do you mean?" He gave me a firm stare. Looked me in my eyes, and said "Yes you do... what's your answer?" I blushed. I know I did. I of course said yes.