xiii.

ophelia had woken up at the crack of dawn, she didn't want anyone to see her leaving the base without proper authority, so she quietly rushed to her room and packed a small bag, clipped her lightsaber to her hip and made her way to poe's ship, he had told her he was in desperate need of an upgrade anyway so he didn't mind her taking it. thankfully the lift off from d'qar was flawless, but the landing on the starkiller base however, was not. she knew that she needed to land at least a few miles off site to not be shot down, and she was not prepared for heavy snow and a forest worth of trees, she was alive, poe's ship was not. she was thankful she still had her lightsaber on her just in case she got into any unwanted trouble, but that was a part of her plan. 

walking through the snow in sand boots had made her toes numb, she was shivering violently but she could see the faint lights from the base in the distance so she put all of her energy into ignoring the pain and trudging through the heavy snow. 
"state your business," she was snapped out of her trance, "now," ophelia looked up and saw two stormtrooper's aiming their weapons at her, 
"i have information on luke skywalker's location." was all she needed to say before they grabbed the back of her arms and helped her into the base, the warmth immediately gripping her body in a frenzy. they carried her body throughout the corridors, the building was immensely different to the resistance base but that didn't shock her, finally they came to a set of doors and immediately opened them and threw her in, closing the door behind her. it was cold and sterile, the room was metal and had two florescent lights casting a blinding light across the floor, ophelia sat down in the corner of the room and was grateful they hadn't taken her lightsaber from her. 

"you came back sooner than i expected," the metallic voice awoke her from her light slumber, she quickly looked up to see kylo ren standing above her, his mask covering her features, "you're thinking about my father," he spoke lowly,
"he said i was powerful with the force,"
"you believe a word that fool says?" kylo scoffed, "i expected you to go train with skywalker again," ophelia shook her head quickly,
"like i said before; he's a coward. i want nothing from him," there were a few moments before kylo did anything and she imagined he was smiling sickly at her under his helmet,
"you killed 24 of my men," he spoke suddenly, "i should kill you," ophelia looked up at him and smirked lightly before she stood up, it took her a few moments to regain her balance but once she did she realized how tall ben had truly become,
"but you won't," ophelia found herself in a moment of courage as her hand slowly made their way up his figure and attatched themselves to his helmet, her fingers softly pressed the buttons on either side and watched as his face was uncovered, "you need me," she placed his helmet on the floor with a loud bang and watched as his eyes furiously scanned her face for any sign of emotion, but there was none. she was as empty as he was.