eight

Patrick opened the door for Dinah, while Steven waited ahead of them after clearing a path for the blonde. The cameras and people that called for Dinah's attention soon faded into nothing when the door to the radio station was closed. She was met by a large room that held the reception desk and three couches in a circle opposite it. The walls were lined with different posters of artists, movie stars and producers. Most of them were signed. On the left, Dinah spotted a poster of Normani. She tilted her head at the girl's features, in a small but alluring smile and the way her hands were crossed over her stomach.

"Your own picture is going to be there soon." A light voice said.

Dinah looked towards it and found Normani with the same small smile.

"Ms. Hamilton." Steven nodded towards her and so did Patrick.

She eyed the two men and shocked Dinah by actually greeting them.

"Hey, boys." She looked back at Dinah. "They're waiting for us."

She waited until Dinah was by her side, before she proceeded to walk to the third room in the long hallway of the station. Steven and Patrick had sat outside on one of the couches, happily reading the magazines there.

Inside, Maxine and Mark had been waiting, sitting in seats behind the long table.

"The two lovely ladies we were waiting for!" A man with crazy looking hair stood up from his seat, approaching Normani and Dinah with a wide smile.

"I'm Stevie, I'm the radio host." He said sticking his hand out.

The blonde smiled back at him slightly, returning the hand shake.

"Dinah Jane, nice to meet you." She said politely.

He turned to Normani and offered his hand, but retracted it when she looked at it and then looked off.

"You know who I am." She said plainly.

Dinah wanted to roll her eyes at that. Why did she have to be such a snob? Couldn't she have just shaken his hand and introduced herself like anyone else would have?

"Nice to meet you too." He said. He smiled uncomfortably at the both of us now that the atmosphere was slightly awkward.

"Have a seat, girls, we're about to be on soon." He sat back down and placed the headphones over his ears, then leaned in by the mic attached to the desk.

Normani and Dinah sat opposite Maxine and Mark. Dinah said quick hellos to them which were returned.

"You couldn't just shake his hand?" The blonde leaned over and whispered to Normani.

The darker girl eyed the man that was sitting at the head of the table with a bored look on her face.

"They're no rules saying I have to shake a random man's hand." She whispered back.

Dinah placed her own headphones over her ears and rolled her eyes at her which caused a grin to appear on the older girl's face. For some reason she liked to annoy Dinah. Almost as much as Dinah enjoyed annoying her.

"Welcome back! Guess who we have in the station right now?" He paused as he spoke into the mic, as if the listeners could actually reply. "You're wrong! We have Normani Kordei and Dinah Jane in the building!" He said excitedly, a huge grin on his face.

Normani smiled slightly. There were cameras in the room, recording the radio interview, Maxine had warned Dinah, telling her that she couldn't show up in just her regular jeans and a t-shirt. So she dressed it up a little reluctantly and had her hair styled nicely.