twenty three

Normani stood outside of my door, leaning casually on it with a smile on her lips.

"I had fun tonight, thanks for taking me." I couldn't look away from her eyes as I spoke. The brown of them was luring me in.

She nodded her head slowly.
"Thanks for coming- maybe next time we can go to something a little less damp." After we had pulled away from our second kiss the rain had came down, forcing us to pack up everything as quickly as we could and run to the car. Damp was an understatement.

But I was more than thankful for the rain, that just gave me another reason to not have to answer her.

'Don't hurt me too'

What does one even saying to that? There's no one that can promise someone they would never hurt them- I was sure of it.

"Next time?" I raised my eyebrow. "So you're assuming you've sealed a second date with me?" I asked, now leaning on the door as well.

I would invite Normani in but I watched movies and read cheesy books before- when you let them in, things escalate and the two characters ended up having sex.

That wasn't anything I was close to ready for- mentally. But physically, I was staring at Normani the whole night, thinking about what it would be like if we were to actually do it.

"I'm not giving you a choice," She leaned forward, kissing my lips lightly, they tasted like strawberries. "I'll see you tomorrow." She said when she pulled away.

I waved Normani off as she walked away. When I stepped away from the door and closed it, a huge grin spread on my face while I slid down it. I held my cheeks, trying to control the smile there.

What was it about her? My crush on Sarah Walker was nothing like this- nothing this intense, it barely held a candle to it. But with Normani, I found myself on the closest thing to cloud nine there was- I would have been fully there had I not still been stressing over my family finding out.

I had said that I would risk it all for her, but at this point I didn't know how true that really was. Normani was a vision, she was definitely special. But I doubted anyone could be special enough to ruin my life back home for.

My heart was becoming too attached to Normani- and my mind kept thinking of her. She was close to impossible to forget.

I wondered how long Normani would stay while I cleared the mess in my mind. She seemed to be just as involved as I was, maybe even more, and I didn't want to hurt her.

My phone rang, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Hey dad." I said looking at my watch. It was past eleven. What was he doing calling so late? "Did you just get off work?"

There was a grunt on the other side while he walked somewhere less noisy. It sounded like my brothers were playing.
"No, we all just got back." He said, I heard a door shut as he tried to block out even more of the sound. "We had to take your mother to the doctor again."

I sat up straighter against the door, raising the volume on my phone. "What? What for?"

"I was trying to call you all night- we thought something was wrong." I pulled the phone away, seeing that I did in fact had just under thirteen missed calls from him. "But you didn't answer." I could tell by his tone that he was disappointed with me.

"I'm sorry- I was out and I didn't check my phone." I paused, closing my eyes. "Is mom okay?"

"She's fine- we ended up doing tests and staying there for four hours for nothing." He let out a deep breath. "The kids are up way passed their bedtime."
There was a silence, but I didn't say anything. I could tell there was more he wanted to add.
"This would be a lot easier if you were here." He said finally.