Prologue.

Prologue

I was trapped, with nowhere to go. I was weighed down by the chains all around me, and my body began to panic even more when I realized this.

“Look at you, still squirming even when you’re covered in nothing but chains.”

My cries were the only thing filling the dark void. My eyes were tightly closed, trying to escape this realistic hell.

This couldn’t be real. There has to be a way out.

“No, Avery, there is no way out.” He replied huskily, hearing my thoughts. I opened my tear stained eyes to find myself staring at his dark boots, and he crouched down in front of me so his conniving, blood-red eyes could peer over my broken form in sick approval. He had a prizewinning smirk lacing his features, and his eyes looked riveted by the sight set out in front of him.

The deal had been paid off.

“N-No, you have to let me go!” I cried, tears streaming down my face. “You can’t keep me here forever!”

I knew what I was getting myself into at the time, but I didn’t know it would be like this.

“Oh I do believe I can, and I will.” He replied silkily, grasping onto my quivering chin and forcing my eyes to meet his. His eyes looked hungry and empty now, and he stared at me like he wanted todevour me.

“That was the deal, wasn’t it?” He whispered.

“Forget the deal! I-I didn’t mean this!”

It was too late.

Because once you mad a deal with a demon, there was no going back.

“You can keep crying and screaming,” He replied, bending down to nuzzle his face into the crook of my neck as I only started to sob harder, realizing how dangerous this whole situation had become. “But nobody will hear you. It’s just you and me here. Nobody else.”

He pulled away to gesture to the heavy chains covering my purely naked body. I didn’t know what the chains were connected to, since I could hardly see in the swarming darkness, but I could only stare at him to make sure he wasn’t going to harm me.

“But, Avery, my dear, you got yourself into this.” He cooed with a shrug, tilting his curly-head to survey his work with evident pride. “Isn’t this what you wanted?”

No.

I’ve never wanted this.

“Please,” I tried again, trying to hold back my sobs so I could speak correctly. “Please let me go. Take me out of here. Anything but this.”

“I own you now.” He growled suddenly, grasping tightly onto my hair and forcing me to look up at him. His eyes devoured me, seeing right through me; he could hear every single thought I had now. Because it was true, he did in fact own me. “Your entire being—your mind, soul, and body, belongs to me.”

And there’s nothing you can do to change that.”