Protector.

I was alone.

This, however, terrified me.

I sat up in the bed, throwing my legs over the edge and placing my bare feet on the cold tiled floor. The room alone felt ghostly - cold. I could see my breath. Covering my arms with my hands to try and warm myself up, I stood up on shaky legs and took a few steps before collapsing.

I felt so utterly weak.

I crawled into a fetal position on the floor, breathing heavily, trying to will myself to get back up. For some reason, the only thing echoing in my mind was escape. My mind was telling me to get out of this forsaken room.

But then where would I go?

It wasn’t like I could find the gateway entrance that separated Hell from earth or Heaven. I was admitted here now as Harry’s pet. I didn’t know much about Hell; I didn’t even know if Hell had an entrance.

After a few moments of mulling over this subject, I placed my hands on the tile and slowly lifted myself up. I got back on my feet, closing my eyes and trying to feel again. I haven’t stood up in what felt like never-ending hours. My legs felt like they couldn’t hold me up - that was how long I’ve been on that bed.

With him.

Terror seized me when I just thought about the demon who claimed my soul. There was no doubt that he terrified me to no end. Just the thought of him made my entire body paralyze in fear.

Avery.

And then there was his voice.

It sounded like it was inside my head, yet like it was whispering directly into my ear. I gasped aloud and whirled over my shoulder, dismayed to find nobody was behind me. The room wasn’t too dark; I could see, but the shadows were dim. I frantically searched the shadows, trying to pick out some kind of dark form that resembled Harry.

But there was nothing. No movement, no shape.

I was truly alone.

Don’t leave this room.

It was his voice again. I shivered upon hearing the warning laced within, but his voice slightly echoed in my ear.

“Where are you?” I asked quietly aloud.

That doesn’t matter. Stay in the room - get more rest. But do not leave.

“Why?”

He was irritated now.

Because I said so.

I frowned from this, and I involuntarily took a few steps towards the lone door sitting against the wall. My body was screaming to just dash out of the room, but for some reason, I was moving slowly. Waiting to see what Harry would say next.