Nightwing X Reader (Part 1)

A/N:

Just in case you need the codes:

(Y/N) = Your Name

(Y/S/N) = Your Superhero Name

(E/C) = Eye Colour

##########################################################################

Nightwing P.O.V

I guess it started off as curiosity. (Y/N) was really mysterious, and that's from an adoptive son of Batman. She worked with the team extremely well as (Y/S/N), but the moment her squad came back and she took off the mask, she returned to her room. She never talked to anyone or came out of her room unless it was necessary.

One particular day, after the team had just come back from a difficult mission, I noticed that she had gotten some deep cuts on her arms. Wally put a hand on her arm to try and get her to stay and get them stitched up, but she simply pulled his hand off and continued to her room. However, I had noticed something odd when he had placed his hand on her. Her eyes had briefly flashed with what had looked like fear.

Wanting to find out what was going on, and also wanting to get her cuts taken care of, I grabbed a first aid kit and walked over to her room. I knocked on the door, but got no reply.

"(Y/N)?" I called. Still no reply.

I decided to go in. Covering my eyes in case she was changing out of her costume, I pushed the door open. I heard a sigh of frustration.

"You can move your hands down Nightwing," (Y/N) said. "I was hoping that if I didn't answer, you'd go away. Clearly, I'm not that lucky."

"Geez (Y/N)," I said. "Why are you so obsessed with being alone?"

She crossed her arms, her (E/C) eyes flashing. "None of your business," she told me. "What do you want?"

I held up the first aid kit. "I noticed you got some bad cuts on the mission. I wanted to help."

"I can take care of myself," she told me, turning away. "Now get out of my room."

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" I yelled, getting frustrated. "I'm just trying to help you!"

She spun around to face me, her eyes changing to black. "I said, get out!"

A burst of wind slammed into me, making me fly out the door and slam into the wall of the hallway. For a few moments (Or at least what felt like a few moments), I was incapacitated, nearly blacking out from pain. Slowly, I became more aware of what was happening. The first sounds I registered were Batman yelling and (Y/N) crying.

"I told you to get your powers under control!" Batman yelled. "You could have killed him!"

"I - She -" (Y/N) tried to form a sentence between the tears. "We didn't mean to! I just can't hold her back sometimes!"

Wanting to know what was going on, I tried to speak. All I manage was a groan. It was however able to them that I was awake. (Y/N) tried to run over to me, but Batman held her back.

"Nightwing," she sobbed. "I'm so sorry. I-"

"It's fine," I interrupted, sitting up and leaning against the wall. "Not your fault."

She didn't say anything, but she looked extremely relieved. Until Batman spoke.

"I disagree," he stated. "I knew her powers were out of control, but I wasn't aware of the severity of the situation. She could have seriously injured someone."

He glared at (Y/N), who shrunk away from him. I'd never seen her look so scared before.

"(Y/N)," he told her. "Until you get your powers under control, you are off the team. Pack up your things."

She stifled a sob and ran back into her room, slamming the door behind her. Batman grabbed my hand and helped me up.

"Was that really necessary?" I asked. "I'm fine."

"Yes, it was necessary. You would do best if you forgot about her. I highly doubt she'll have her powers under control anytime soon."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Y/N) P.O.V

It was lucky that I already rented out an apartment in Gotham or I would have had nowhere to go. I had done my best not to make any friends, my mom was dead, and my father..... Let's just say I definitely wasn't going to stay with him anytime soon.

I already rented the apartment (Don't ask where I got the money) because I had been both expecting and dreading this day for months. My dark side, or "Midnight" as I had nicknamed her, had been taking control more and more frequently the longer I stayed a superhero. It had only been a matter of time before I got kicked off the team.

I managed to transport the few things I had at Mount Justice to my apartment, and found a normal job. I hung up my costume and decided against the solo hero gig. I couldn't control Midnight well enough for that. Besides, Gotham had enough heroes as it was, and Batman would probably kill me if I went anywhere near any of his adopted family.

The thing that I was saddest about was probably having to leave Nightwing. He seemed to genuinely forgiven me for the incident at Mount Justice, and he was one of the only people on the team who seemed to care what happened to me. Plus he was hot.

I eventually snapped myself out of it, and certainly wasn't expecting it when he knocked on my door two days later.

#################################################################################

A/N:

Hey guys! Sorry for taking forever to update, but I've been really busy. Plus I have Ravenwing to update too. To make up for it, I'll be updating this again either tomorrow or Sunday. The new one will be my Valentine's Day themed one. Yes, I know it's really late for that, but shush. Just be happy I'm making one. I almost decided against it, but then I altered one of my ideas a little and voila! The next update is born!

Anyways, thanks for reading guys!

Heather