03

"Hello MC."

"Hey..."

"I see you haven't been sleeping a lot."

The brunette fidgets in her seat as she twirls a lock of her hair.

"Zen usually visits at midnight."

"Really? What did you do?"

"Nothing much. Mom was there. So he couldn't stay for long."

"I see."

Dr. Jihyun, MC's therapist, the one who knows how MC really feels. After his fiancee's death, he made sure that he'd work harder. What MC is feeling right now, is similar to what his fiancee felt... scratch the imaginary friend part though.

"Zen doesn't really inform me about when he's coming. But when the does, its usually the time when I should sleep."

"Do you know why he comes late?"

"He doesn't tell me...But he said he'll tell me someday."

"Did you try sleeping even if he didn't come?"

"No. The least I could do for him is stay up. It really won't matter what time I sleep. I don't go to school or have a job anyways. Just these therapy sessions that I don't need."

"The least you could do? What does that mean?"

"Zen told me he's going through a lot. He told me about his family once. He didn't tell much, but It was enough to make me understand."

"Is that why the visits you late at night?"

"No. If It was, I could've answered your question earlier."

MC looked down, Was that too much? 

No, he's a proffesional, it's his mistake asking that again.

"I see your lack of sleep is really taking a toll in you. Lucky for you, we're already done! You can get some rest, okay?"

She's probably annoyed with me now...

"It really doesn't matter if I sleep or not..." MC said before leaving the room. Her mother was there, reading an old magazine as she waits for her.

"Hey." MC says. Her mom's head looked up and smiled.

"Hey honey--"

"Can we just go home now?"