Chapter 3: Meeting the enemy

Alwyn’s P.O.V.

The flight was a blur, I didn’t remember a thing, I wasn’t sure I even wanted to remember anything. The Alwyn of two nights ago was no more, for the sake of myself, and my family I had to let go and forget the past.

As I walked through the airport, on my way out, I realized I had no idea where to go next, no one had told me who it was I would be meeting, where I would be meeting them. When I stepped out into the cold winter air of Ireland my doubts and panic disappeared, there stood a man with a sign, a sign with me name on it. I walked towards him as I sized him up. he seemed about 24 years old, his hair was messy dark blonde and his eyes were hazel, he was taller than me, about 6 foot 4, really tall. A smile appeared on his face as he saw me looking at him.

“Alwyn…” He sighed and walked towards me with a big friendly smile. No question about it, this was the person picking me up. Wonder came when he opened his arms and engulfed me in a hug. I pushed him away.

“I beg your pardon?” I asked.

“Oh I’m sorry, we haven’t been properly introduced, I’m Níall Lungdurgh, feel free to call me Níall you will be living with me from now on.” He told me with a thick Irish accent. I knew I was supposed to hate him, but apart from making me come here, he hadn’t done anything bad…

“I’m terribly sorry but I was left to believe I would be living with someone quite a bit older than me.” I said with a questioning look.

“I am older than you, I’m 37, which makes me 20 years older.” He said.

“Looks can sure be deceiving.” I said.

“No they aren’t, but I’ll explain everything later.” He told me with a big kind smile. He started walking, his look urging me to follow. He took me to a huge green car, a muscle car, the type you could run over with a tank and still be unharmed if you had been in it.

“You like green right?” He asked me and I nodded automatically but then remembered my vow, my favorite color was now purple, just to bug him.

“No it’s purple.” I told him and I saw his face drop.

“I’m sorry.” He said.

“About what?” I asked.

“You won’t like your room.” He said, oh dear had had given me a green room, I felt a pang in my heart and instantly regretted lying.

“I’m sorry.” I said.

“About what?” He asked, repeating our previous conversation.

“I lied, my favorite color is green.” I told him knowing I wouldn’t be able to live with that lie.

“Then why did you say it was purple?” He asked me confused.

“Well, I can’t say I was happy to be coming here.” I told him honestly.

“Why not?” He asked.

“I’m sorry, did I miss something, do you know why I’m here?” I asked him full of wonder.

“You are here because you belong with me.” he told me.

“No I’m here because my parents couldn’t afford an operation, I’m an object you bought.” I told him, pouring all my anger into the words, and I could see it had the effect I wanted, Níall wore a pained expression.

“Is that really how you feel?” He asked.

“Yes.” I told him before sitting down in the car. Remembering to get in on the wrong side, because the cars here are the wrong way round.