Chapter Forty Three

Jason's P.O.V

"You can't scare me like that man, you almost gave daddy a heart attack.. literally." I force a small chuckle as tears filled my vision as I stared at my sleeping son through the incubator at the hospital.

He was put into a separate room away from all the other babies and since it was almost three in the morning and way past visiting hours... I snuck in.

I continue to stare at his extremely tiny features.

God, he was so small.

When the doctors weighed him, he was a pound and a half.

He could literally fit in the palm of my hands.

"I'm so happy your okay little man, God knows I wouldn't be able to handle it if something did happen to you." I whisper.

"Why'd you wanna come out so early anyway? Huh? You just wanted to meet your super cool and amazing father? Yeah, I bet that's it." I joke with him.

"Or maybe you just wanted to meet your beautiful mommy. Maybe you wanted to hear her sing for you in person. She thinks I don't hear her singing to you softly every time I catch her alone.. or reading to you.. or just having a little conversation with you.. I bet she's the reason you wanted to come into the world so early, huh?" I ask him.

He smiled in his sleep, probably from the dream he was having.

I smiled and decided to take that as my answer.

************

"Can I see my baby brother now daddy?" Jr tugs at my arm and I smile and nod at him, quietly leading him out of the Ava's room as she finally fell asleep due to the medication in her system.

I grab his hand and lead him into the room that had his little brother, my son.

When we get to the incubator, I make sure he washes his hands effectively and put the scrubs on him we had to wear every time we came in here along with the gloves and masks.

"We can only see him for a little bit right now, he has to sleep." I tell him and he nods.

We walk closer to the glass box that held my child and gazed inside to see his body hooked with tubes and wires, his eyes closed as he slept.

I watch Jr's expression as he stared at his brother.

"Why does he have that in his arm daddy?" He points to the IV.

"It has the minerals he needs to help him grow faster... we can't take him home until he's grown up a little bit more." I sighed.

I shake my head out of that mindset.

At least he was here and we would be able to take him home at some point.

Just then, we witness his eyes starting to open.

I lift Jr into my arms and he clings to my neck as we watch carefully.

Beautiful grey eyes meet mine and I can't fight the humongous smile from coming on to my face as I kiss Jr's temple.

"Hey bud! I'm your daddy! And this is your big brother! I can't wait to take you home man," I whisper as if he would respond.